Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Electrical oddities

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2024, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical oddities

I have a 2022 Q7 PP and the inconsistencies with the electronics are driving me crazy, am I doing something wrong? Going to be taking in for 20k service soon so will complain but curious if anyone else has this. The one thing that is driving me nuts is the “your mobile device is still in vehicle” works some times but most of the time doesn’t 🤬. Before anyone says something ys it is turned on I check that everytime I get out and it doesn't work. Is there a specific procedure to follow for it work (only work when shut off engine then open door, open door before shutting engine off, etc.?) or do I just have a gremlin?

The other thing that I cannot figure is why it takes varying times to recognize my profile/phone when I get in. Some times recognizes me right away others takes for ever and sometimes tells me doesn’t recognize my phone until I drive away.

Lastly, does anyone know if being near your wifi then driving away causes anything, I swear it switches over or something when I drive away from house?
Old 02-15-2024, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,178 Likes on 920 Posts

Originally Posted by MSke390
I have a 2022 Q7 PP and the inconsistencies with the electronics are driving me crazy, am I doing something wrong? Going to be taking in for 20k service soon so will complain but curious if anyone else has this. The one thing that is driving me nuts is the “your mobile device is still in vehicle” works some times but most of the time doesn’t 🤬. Before anyone says something ys it is turned on I check that everytime I get out and it doesn't work. Is there a specific procedure to follow for it work (only work when shut off engine then open door, open door before shutting engine off, etc.?) or do I just have a gremlin?

The other thing that I cannot figure is why it takes varying times to recognize my profile/phone when I get in. Some times recognizes me right away others takes for ever and sometimes tells me doesn’t recognize my phone until I drive away.

Lastly, does anyone know if being near your wifi then driving away causes anything, I swear it switches over or something when I drive away from house?
had this issue with 23/24 loaner Q7s with the wireless apple carplay and also have this issue with my current 2024 Lexus TX. there is a relatively high powered antenna that reads RFID stickers in the windshields to open the garage doors at my apartment building. as soon as you get 75ft from the doors the system will reconnect. it seems like there are a few things that can cause this but it is mainly radio interference...

I bet your dealer has some similar answer to what I have said here, but might have more specific information for you. keep us posted.