Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

european delivery. need advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default european delivery. need advice

we are thinking about ordering the new q7 and taking delivery in europe and returning to California. anybody have experience they would like to share?
tia
ed
Old 10-20-2015, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

If you search for "european delivery" you will find much material. This thread of a family picking up their S3 in Europe was memorable:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...ience-2882829/

Good luck. I can't wait to do it someday.
Old 11-28-2015, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default loved it

Originally Posted by edward96gts
we are thinking about ordering the new q7 and taking delivery in europe and returning to California. anybody have experience they would like to share?
tia
ed
Loved it....have done it several times w/BMW, and once with Audi. They do a great job....I believe they have even made it better since fall of '11 when I was there (had to pre-pay the VAT at that time). Are you flying in from CA? If so, fly into Munich...stay at the hotel one night, then have them pick you you the next day (Ingolstadt is about 45 min north - and the tour and delivery process is a long day). The portable GPS they lend you is awesome...try to stay away from big cities/inner cities because of narrow streets/parking (I made a mistake of going to Trieste!) - you can alleviate that by proper hotel planning....

Do it! Send me a note if you have more questions...
Old 11-28-2015, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Nothing better than European Delivery. You'll never forget the experience. Check out the (very active) forum at bimmerfest for more info.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Took delivery of a SQ5 in Ingolstadt on August 31, 2015. Drove 2,400 miles in four weeks in Germany, Switzerland and Italy dropping the car off in Zuirich on September 28. The car was picked up the same day and trucked to Emden where it sat for one month until it was loaded aboard ship on October 26. It was offloaded in San Diego on November 20, and I have had no update on when I can expect the car to arrive here in Reno, Nevada.

Tracking is the weak link in the European delivery process. You will get an e-mail when the car is loaded aboard ship in Emden, and some additional information about the time the car is scheduled to be offloaded in the US. Beyond that, don't expect any additional information. That having been said, the rest of the process runs very smoothly in my experience. Do not miss the factory tour; it was the highlight of the trip for me although my wife was less impressed. On balance I would certainly consider doing European delivery again.
Old 12-20-2015, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

There is an entire thread here at AW dedicated to European Delivery. On the Forums page it's near the bottom. Quite a fun Forum actually.
Old 12-24-2015, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Do it...you will not regret it.

We have done it once with Volvo and actually were Audi's first European delivery customers back in Dec. 2006 where we took delivery of a 2007 Q7.

Memory of a lifetime...period! If you can pick a timeframe where it aligns with what you would like to do in Europe, it might make your experience even more enjoyable. We went in mid-December during the Holidays which made the experience that much better. (we didn't have a choice as this was when Audi was launching the program :-) Touring all the European Christmas markets and skiing in Switzerland really set the tone of the trip. As an example, If you want to see Le Mans, wait till June and incorporate this into your trip. JMHO

Good luck and let us know where you end up.