Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

ew buyer - Exterior color choices / considering XC90 and coming to Audi

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ew buyer - Exterior color choices / considering XC90 and coming to Audi

Hi everyone. I was all set to get the XC90 in bursting blue and call it a day. Numbers worked, vehicle located then I pumped the brakes. I cannot get over the number of issues on the Volvo forums. Not just tech issues but numerous breakdowns from the car going in limp mode and not being able to drive beyond 10 MPH. Other concerns are Sensus is very underpowered, and a 2.0 turbo/supercharged 4 cyl scares the heck out of me long term.

The main reason I didn't go for the Q7 in the first place is simply the exterior styling. It's growing on me but I just love the XC90 quite a bit more but if I can get the Q7 in Ara Blue Crystal or Sepang Blue Pearl I would be thrilled with it. Does Audi still offer this? Is the price still 2500 dollars? Having trouble finding this as an option for the 2017 Q7 on the build page. None of the Q7 colors thrill me, other then the pearl blue my previous favorite was Glacier Frost Mica that Lexus offered from 2006-2008.

Any other insight to Audi over Volvo would be welcome. Thank you in advance!
Old 10-28-2016, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm going to my dealer to get the answer to if Audi Exclusive colors are available on the Q7. Unfortunately the exclusive option is now $3,900 instead of the old price stated above. This will be my second exclusive vehicle and one thing I will say is that you will have to be patient. Took me 8 months to get my S4 in Nogaro back in 2012. It is absolutely worth it every day though and if I can get the color I want for my Q7, so will that.
Old 10-29-2016, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by KRS Aaron
I'm going to my dealer to get the answer to if Audi Exclusive colors are available on the Q7. Unfortunately the exclusive option is now $3,900 instead of the old price stated above. This will be my second exclusive vehicle and one thing I will say is that you will have to be patient. Took me 8 months to get my S4 in Nogaro back in 2012. It is absolutely worth it every day though and if I can get the color I want for my Q7, so will that.
For what it's worth, as of about a month ago it was not available. My dealer told me it was and then reversed himself within 24 hours. Defer to SYMAWD, but I would think if it doesn't show as an option in the online configurator, it's not available. I didn't get the sense it's coming anytime soon, either.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by titoj19
For what it's worth, as of about a month ago it was not available. My dealer told me it was and then reversed himself within 24 hours. Defer to SYMAWD, but I would think if it doesn't show as an option in the online configurator, it's not available. I didn't get the sense it's coming anytime soon, either.
I was worried about that but we shall see. The UK site has some additional colors like Sepang, Daytona and Nogaro on it so it does seem they are deviating. If my dealer can't pull it off, it can't be done though. Then its the decision between Ink and Graphite unless this will change in the next few months.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

I was worried about that but we shall see. The UK site has some additional colors like Sepang, Daytona and Nogaro on it so it does seem they are deviating. If my dealer can't pull it off, it can't be done though. Then its the decision between Ink and Graphite unless this will change in the next few months.
I think they have lots of stuff in Europe that we'd love in the US, but alas.. I was faced with the same decision and chose graphite over ink.
Old 10-29-2016, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by titoj19
I think they have lots of stuff in Europe that we'd love in the US, but alas.. I was faced with the same decision and chose graphite over ink.
Very true. I don't really need the car right now so if there is a possibility, I may just wait. The other hitch in the plan is the Porsche dealer down the street has a Voodoo Blue Macan. I haven't seen one up close yet but I can't imagine the tech is up to par with the Q7. I just like rare colors.
Old 10-29-2016, 06:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My favorite car was my Volvo 850 Turbo Wagon from the late 90s, which I had to get rid of after my 3rd child came along. I had minivans for many years. My daughter got an XC60 a few years back and I couldn't wait to get the new XC90 when it arrived. The reviews on how it drives and handles weren't as good as I had hoped, but I was still going down that path. Until I saw and drove the Q7. I haven't looked back. I initially liked the looks of the XC90 more, but the Q7 has really grown on me. Driving the Q7 and sitting in the middle seat at the dealership convinced me that the Q7 was hands down better for me. (My 3 children are now fully grown.) Also absolutely love the all wheel steering. Worth the $4K to me.
Old 10-29-2016, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

Very true. I don't really need the car right now so if there is a possibility, I may just wait. The other hitch in the plan is the Porsche dealer down the street has a Voodoo Blue Macan. I haven't seen one up close yet but I can't imagine the tech is up to par with the Q7. I just like rare colors.
If you love buttons you'll love the Macan. It has a hard button for almost every function in the console. That is why I decided to wait for the Q7 which has a lot more tech.
Old 10-30-2016, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Lookout57
If you love buttons you'll love the Macan. It has a hard button for almost every function in the console. That is why I decided to wait for the Q7 which has a lot more tech.
The Macan was nice and fun but I truly like the Q7 better for the tech, space and overall value. My father is going to buy a Macan because he doesn't care about the space and wants something fast but he loved the Q7 and agreed the top down camera is basically witchcraft.

My wife and I decided not to go with the Exclusive color due to a variety of reasons, timing being a big one. It took 8 months to get my S4 done in 2012 and I was told that it would be at least as long again, not to mention the hit I would take on value if I trade in the car in the next few years for say an SQ7. The owner of the dealership is a huge glut orange fan and he has been waiting 6 months for his R8 and still doesn't have a delivery date. So we went with Ink Blue with black Valcona, Prestige, Luxury, DAP, Black Optic, Cold Weather and black alcantara. Now on to researching SQ7 pedals and a bed liner and floormats.
Old 10-30-2016, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

For what it's worth, I don't think you'll regret the decision. I drove the Volvo as part of the comparison process, along with 3 (35i, 35d, and 50i) variants of the X5, 2 (350 & 400) variants of the GLE, the GLS, the RR Sport, and the new MDX. The Q7 is better overall and the biggest detraction for the XC90 was the engine and I drove the T6 Inscription.

Heard from a former Volvo owner who had less than 5k on his XC90 T6 Inscription, who traded it for an in stock Q7, that after calling multiple Volvo and Audi dealers, the most he could get was $50k on his $68k purchase price. I know you will take a bath when you get into a situation such as this, but $18k in 5 months and 4800 miles...wow!

The current market is flooded with XC90s, which doesn't help either. We keep hearing that Volvo is also struggling with quality issues as well and some serious reliability concerns as well.

I am not a Volvo basher having owned and enjoyed a 98 S70 T5 with a manual transmission for 12.5 years. The inline 5 with a turbo and a manual transmission was very fun to drive and reliable as well.

Quick Reply: ew buyer - Exterior color choices / considering XC90 and coming to Audi