Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Experience with Forgestar or MRR?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 11:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experience with Forgestar or MRR?

Hey guys and gals,

My wife has a 2017 Q7 and we're looking for winter wheels after having learned the order we placed for BBS SX's was cancelled due to unavailability. We have been told MRR is good, customizable and strong enough to handle the load required for our Q7. Similalry, Forgestar seems to do custom offset, bore and bolt configuration and claim to be very sturdy - living up to TUV standards in many cases.

Does anyone out there have experience with either wheel maker or another solid, yet stylish (in eye of the beholder, of course), that can be used for 20" snow tires?

Thanks much for your comments!
Old 12-06-2017, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Webber
Hey guys and gals,

My wife has a 2017 Q7 and we're looking for winter wheels after having learned the order we placed for BBS SX's was cancelled due to unavailability. We have been told MRR is good, customizable and strong enough to handle the load required for our Q7. Similalry, Forgestar seems to do custom offset, bore and bolt configuration and claim to be very sturdy - living up to TUV standards in many cases.

Does anyone out there have experience with either wheel maker or another solid, yet stylish (in eye of the beholder, of course), that can be used for 20" snow tires?

Thanks much for your comments!
I don't have experience with MRR, but i have heard lead times with forgestar takes 4-6 weeks unless there is a wheel already spec'd out to your needs. I have Vorsteiners on my car and have had zero issues with the wheels.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you considered the OZ rims available on TR?I don't see any Vorsteiners on 20's for Q7 though. I dont have any experience with MMR or Forgestar
Old 12-06-2017, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've heard mixed things about Forgestar regarding the quality of the finish but no first hand experience.

As for Vorsteiner, the make the VFF-103 in 20x9" ET35 meant for the A6 but should fit well on the Q7.

Old 12-06-2017, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

But look to be out of stock.

Same size available in the VFF-102

Old 12-06-2017, 03:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by erwheezy
I don't have experience with MRR, but i have heard lead times with forgestar takes 4-6 weeks unless there is a wheel already spec'd out to your needs. I have Vorsteiners on my car and have had zero issues with the wheels.

Thanks for the comments. As you suggest, lead time is longer with Forgestar. We opted for an MRR design my wife likes and are having them done in matte black. Wheels and tires will be on the car in 7-10 business days...
Old 12-06-2017, 03:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Jimminez -- Those Vorsteiner look fantastic!!
Old 12-06-2017, 03:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by cukoodukoo
Have you considered the OZ rims available on TR?I don't see any Vorsteiners on 20's for Q7 though. I dont have any experience with MMR or Forgestar

I showed my wife -- it's her daily -- the OZs on TR; she didn't really take to any of them. So, we opted for MRR FS01 in 20x9.5 w/ matte black finish. MRR apparently stocks "blanks" and then does the hub, bolt, off-set work and powder coating work once the order is placed. 7-10 business days. I'll post up some pictures once we've got everything hooked-up. I haven't planned anything special with lugs or center caps yet, but we'll see.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Winter wheels

look at Verde Parallax, like 200.00 each, perfect for snotty roads! I have them and I think they look great
Old 12-10-2017, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts

I'm looking at swapping out my stock 20's as well. Hoping I would find someone who pulled the 21's off...but not luck. But its only been a day. lol

Quick Reply: Experience with Forgestar or MRR?