Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Ezpass location

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Ezpass location

Did anyone here think of a better way to install the ez-pass in a way that it doesn't look so bad from outside? I am thinking of spray painting mine, but I heard some people stick theirs behind the registration sticker, which sounds like a great idea to me.
Old 11-24-2017, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I stuck mine behind the rear view mirror and to the right, and haven't noticed it or thought about it until now.
Old 11-24-2017, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I keep mine in the center storage area, 99% of the time it picks it up, haven’t been fined or overbilled once yet. I’m heading in to the city tomorrow morning, if I remember I’ll post and let you know if it reads on the tunnel tolls.
Old 11-24-2017, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
I keep mine in the center storage area, 99% of the time it picks it up, haven’t been fined or overbilled once yet. I’m heading in to the city tomorrow morning, if I remember I’ll post and let you know if it reads on the tunnel tolls.
Be careful, NY state is removing regular toll booths and replacing it with the booth less system (lasers and cameras). Make sure you have the license plate registered with EZ-Pass. If your tag is not read, you will be charged full and not discounted rate. I think Port Authority still has the booths, so you can still test the tag on Hudson crossings.
Old 11-25-2017, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by gsobol
Be careful, NY state is removing regular toll booths and replacing it with the booth less system (lasers and cameras). Make sure you have the license plate registered with EZ-Pass. If your tag is not read, you will be charged full and not discounted rate. I think Port Authority still has the booths, so you can still test the tag on Hudson crossings.

In NJ we’ve had that system for years on the parkway and I’m not sure about NY EZPass but in NJ the plate needs to be on the account not to the tag as I’ve got 4 tags and 5 vehicles so the tags get moved around from time to time.
Old 11-25-2017, 04:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigKutta
I stuck mine behind the rear view mirror and to the right, and haven't noticed it or thought about it until now.
When you get a chance, can you post a picture.
Old 11-25-2017, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
In NJ we’ve had that system for years on the parkway and I’m not sure about NY EZPass but in NJ the plate needs to be on the account not to the tag as I’ve got 4 tags and 5 vehicles so the tags get moved around from time to time.
Yep, same in NY. I just got reminded since I changed the plate and didn't update the account. Yes, NJ, NY, IL, DE and others had FastLane EZPass on turnpikes, parkways, etc for a while now, but they still had booths at bridges and tunnels. Looks like they are removing these now. Just noticed that midtown tunnel no longer has the toll booths.
Old 11-25-2017, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Polonium1
When you get a chance, can you post a picture.
Here you go. I cannot see it from the drivers seat.
Ezpass location-img_5087.jpgEzpass location-img_5088.jpg
Old 11-25-2017, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigKutta
Here you go. I cannot see it from the drivers seat.
Attachment 91576Attachment 91577

Thanks.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Went through the Lincoln tunnel with the EZPass in the center console, no issues.

Quick Reply: Ezpass location