Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Fan speed issues with '21 Q7

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2022, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fan speed issues with '21 Q7

Wondering if anyone has this issue. Have a Q7 with 3 zone climate control. Lately, when I start the car, I am unable to change the fan speed. It does a couple of things (1) either the fan speed is greyed out or (2) its missing altogether. I change the temp, sync, a/c, air direction buttons and I've turned the car off and on to see if it will reset. None of that works. The only thing that will work is if I press the Auto button. This forces the system to reset. I've taken videos of the problem and have taken it to the dealer 2 times. Both tiems they said they reset the computer and it should be fine, but its' not. Any ideas... Thanks
Old 03-27-2023, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mom2kandm
Wondering if anyone has this issue. Have a Q7 with 3 zone climate control. Lately, when I start the car, I am unable to change the fan speed. It does a couple of things (1) either the fan speed is greyed out or (2) its missing altogether. I change the temp, sync, a/c, air direction buttons and I've turned the car off and on to see if it will reset. None of that works. The only thing that will work is if I press the Auto button. This forces the system to reset. I've taken videos of the problem and have taken it to the dealer 2 times. Both tiems they said they reset the computer and it should be fine, but its' not. Any ideas... Thanks
I have a 2021 Q7 and the exact same thing happens to me - it’s been doing this for 2 years and the dealership can’t figure it out - nothing has fixed the problem - so so frustrated.
Old 03-27-2023, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, on my 2nd visit, the dealer replaced the a/c control display. About 2 days later the problem returned. Fast forward 2 weeks. They said they found a TSB that addresses this issue. They did what the TSB said and told me my car was ready for pickup and they problem was fixed. As soon as I started the car, the problem returned. Since I was at the dealer, they could see the problem. They are holding on to my car overnight and said they would look into it further. I'l post more updates when I get them.
The following users liked this post:
GenLou (12-27-2023)
Old 12-27-2023, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did you find out any additional information?

Originally Posted by mom2kandm
So, on my 2nd visit, the dealer replaced the a/c control display. About 2 days later the problem returned. Fast forward 2 weeks. They said they found a TSB that addresses this issue. They did what the TSB said and told me my car was ready for pickup and they problem was fixed. As soon as I started the car, the problem returned. Since I was at the dealer, they could see the problem. They are holding on to my car overnight and said they would look into it further. I'l post more updates when I get them.
did you find out any more information?