Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Getting "Audi Care" warranty only, good idea?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Getting "Audi Care" warranty only, good idea?

I’m picking up my 2018 Q7 Prestige in a few days. I wanted to minimize my time on the pickup day, so I went to the dealership this week to discuss warranties. Ideally on the delivery day I give them a check, sign a few documents, and I’m out of there in 15 minutes (naïve thinking?)

After reviewing a plethora of warranty options at the dealer and reading posts here on the forum, I’m going with “Audi Care” for $869, which I believe is not much more than glorified oil changes, but it gives me some peace of mind.

There were other warranty options (e.g., Audi Pure Protect $5,010) but they had many limitations of what is included and what is not included, in addition, the prices were pretty steep although I didn’t try to negotiate.

In case it matters, I live in San Diego (mild weather) and drive my cars until they die; my current car is 18 years old. Warranties are a personal decision; nevertheless, if anyone here wants to talk me out of my decision I'm happy to listen.

Rich
Old 10-19-2017, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by rich2parry
I’m picking up my 2018 Q7 Prestige in a few days. I wanted to minimize my time on the pickup day, so I went to the dealership this week to discuss warranties. Ideally on the delivery day I give them a check, sign a few documents, and I’m out of there in 15 minutes (naïve thinking?)

After reviewing a plethora of warranty options at the dealer and reading posts here on the forum, I’m going with “Audi Care” for $869, which I believe is not much more than glorified oil changes, but it gives me some peace of mind.

There were other warranty options (e.g., Audi Pure Protect $5,010) but they had many limitations of what is included and what is not included, in addition, the prices were pretty steep although I didn’t try to negotiate.

In case it matters, I live in San Diego (mild weather) and drive my cars until they die; my current car is 18 years old. Warranties are a personal decision; nevertheless, if anyone here wants to talk me out of my decision I'm happy to listen.

Rich
You are going to love it! We just got ours. Can't speak about warranties as we lease everything. We did add Audi care as it gives a 1% residual bump so its a no brainer. I do believe Audi care pays for itself + some if you do your servicing through Audi. We live in Encinitas so keep an eye out for us on the road.
Attachment 105165
Old 10-19-2017, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Rich
I purchased Audi Care when I picked up mine few weeks ago.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Rich
If you plan on keeping it anywhere close to as long as your last one, you may want to consider the longest term extended "platinum" warranty available. Many here will poo poo such warranties, but with all the tech and advancement on our cars, its pretty cheap peace of mind when you figure the cost stretched out from now till the end of the warranty life. The platinum coverage is a near mirror of the factory bumper to bumper coverage that you get when you buy the car. Of course there will be a few exceptions but overall its a pretty complete coverage plan. You do not however have to buy it now. These warranties can be bought anytime before the factory one expires. Its usually reported with these warranties in general that the cost will go up after 10k on the OD, but that is debatable. I would not wait till 49k though. If you buy now or later, the coverage period of the most current Audi plans is the same (starts from the vehicles beginning in service date). One advantage to buying now is you can roll into your financing (if that is how you are paying). It seems most owners that are against these plans are very concerned about recouping their costs of buying the warranty in the form of free repair bills. I look at it the opposite way. If I never have a single claim over the life of the plan, I got my moneys worth in the form of peace of mind.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

To be clear, Audi Care is not a warranty. It is only a prepaid maintenance package for the first few regular service intervals. It will do nothing for you if something breaks, but your regular warranty would likely still be in effect then anyway.

There are extensive discussions here already on extended warranties (just search for "extended warranty"), so I won't chime in on the pros and cons here again.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I read that if you deny Audicare, they will later give you a $100 discount off it, so I may consider it later. Just like XM radio - when they call to get you to subscribe, say no. They will offer you a big discount. Say no again! They will try one more time and give you another three months free. I said no to that, but you can say yes if you want.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

I got my dealership to throw in Audicare.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you plan to keep the car for a long time and drive act 12K miles a year, go for the 10 YR, 120K warranty - you get a $0 ded option for this.