Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

GR: Q7 TDI E-TRON?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2020, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GR: Q7 TDI E-TRON?

Hi! I知 from Greece and i知 interested of Q7 tdi e-tron.Before i start looking for this model,i need to know if the batteries are lasting long or not?In how many years i need to change them and what is the price?Is this car reliable and smart buy or not?Do you hear any problems about this car?Thank you a lot!
Old 09-06-2020, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Sagias,

I have a 2017 model and happy so far. Unless I go driving around the country, I only fill it up every other month or less. This will obviously depend on how long your commute is and driving style. In deep winter I can eek out 30km on a charge but almost 40 in our moderate (15-20C) summer. It will say 50km range in perfect conditions (without AC on) but that is probably not attainable. A plus is that the diesel motor seems to use only 7-8 l/100km which is only about half of what my V8 XC90 uses. So charged or not, it is a win for me.

I find it very smooth how the electric and diesel motors play together and there is plenty of power on tap.

What I am dealing with now is that the regenerative braking stopped working and I am having a hard time convincing the agent that there is a problem. They also topped up the AC which had stopped working and added a coloring agent to be able to spot the leak.

When/if the AC stops again and I take it back for tracing the leak, I will demo the regen braking and hopefully they can file a case to Audi Germany.

Last edited by Not_A_Volvo; 09-07-2020 at 12:16 AM.
Old 09-07-2020, 01:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Not_A_Volvo
Hi Sagias,

I have a 2017 model and happy so far. Unless I go driving around the country, I only fill it up every other month or less. This will obviously depend on how long your commute is and driving style. In deep winter I can eek out 30km on a charge but almost 40 in our moderate (15-20C) summer. It will say 50km range in perfect conditions (without AC on) but that is probably not attainable. A plus is that the diesel motor seems to use only 7-8 l/100km which is only about half of what my V8 XC90 uses. So charged or not, it is a win for me.

I find it very smooth how the electric and diesel motors play together and there is plenty of power on tap.

What I am dealing with now is that the regenerative braking stopped working and I am having a hard time convincing the agent that there is a problem. They also topped up the AC which had stopped working and added a coloring agent to be able to spot the leak.

When/if the AC stops again and I take it back for tracing the leak, I will demo the regen braking and hopefully they can file a case to Audi Germany.
Thank you a lot for the reply!

It doesn稚 seem a reliable car.Do you know how much it costs to change the batteries?Let me know if you find out about the a\c and the regenerative braking.

Thank you again!
Old 09-07-2020, 02:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

HI Sagias,

I plan to sell it way before I have to worry about batteries. All batteries both loose efficiency when cold and either heating or AC take energy. Winters here are around zero with a lot of windchill and dampness so the trick is to pre-heat the car while it is still plugged in. The timer in the app comes in handy for that.

The work will all be done under warranty so I am not overly worried. But if I continue to have those small issues going forward, I will have to ditch it before the 5y warranty runs out.

I will post again when I know more.
Old 09-08-2020, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Not_A_Volvo
HI Sagias,

I plan to sell it way before I have to worry about batteries. All batteries both loose efficiency when cold and either heating or AC take energy. Winters here are around zero with a lot of windchill and dampness so the trick is to pre-heat the car while it is still plugged in. The timer in the app comes in handy for that.

The work will all be done under warranty so I am not overly worried. But if I continue to have those small issues going forward, I will have to ditch it before the 5y warranty runs out.

I will post again when I know more.
I知 looking for a family car that i will keep it for many years,i知 not a person who constantly changes cars.

Is it worth to buy this car with all these small issues and without warranty?Or do you think that only happened to you by accident?
Old 09-08-2020, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Without a warranty, I would be annoyed. Especially since the unit handling the data card had to be replaced under warranty before I got any data connection. That alone cost the Audi insurance around 10.000 USD!! (forgot to mention this earlier but I had to sign the bill). The previous owner never tried to used the connection himself. Plus side is that it turns out that my Audi Connect license seems to run until late 2027, i.e. it came with a 10y license.

The current issues could be something costly or not to pay for yourself. At least the regen brakes could be. AC is probably just a pinhole on some tubing.

It is hard to tell if my particular car is worse than others, but judging from the talk around the forum I am guessing it is. Then again, the failure in the regen system is hard to spot and I wager there are a lot of e-tron drivers out there who donエt realise they are using their mechanical brakes all the time. Later models (2018/2019) could be a safer bet as models tend to improve over their lifetime.

Anyway, I estimate I am 1-2 hiccups away from being told by wife we should have bought the new XC90. Letエs hope it does not come to that...