Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Grey Interior with Black Headliner

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grey Interior with Black Headliner

Yeah or Nah on this option or look. I have seen pictures of the grey leather interior in the Q7, but none with the black headliner...Opinions if you think this will work, or if I should stick with the grey headliner option... Interior will be Ink Blue...
Old 04-04-2016, 04:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Both my XC90 and Q7 have black headliners. But the Xc90 has amber interior and the Q7 is black interior. That being said, moving forward, black headliner is all I 'want' in my vehicles. It just looks better, at least, IMO. My prior QX60 had the lighter (I think they reference it as beige) headliner and against the black dash/dark interior I never cared for it.

It's a personal preference but I went to the build site and looked at a grey interior Q7 with both the light and black headliner and again, just my opinion, the black headliner looked considerably better.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have done that as well, built the car's interior with grey seats and a black headliner. With the grey oak trim, I think it looks very slick and sporty, but on the website the seats also show up a lot darker. Need to check and see if the black headliner gets me dark carpets as well...
Old 04-04-2016, 05:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have ordered a Q7 with the grey interior and black headliner and even though I haven't found a photo of one like it, I believe the black headliner will look better up against the darker dash and top of door panels which are darker. I should have my Q7 in May sometime so I will find out if I made the right decision...
Old 04-04-2016, 05:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah, that was something I didn't like in the QX60 I mentioned earlier; That is, the look of the beige pillars, a-b-c meeting up with black surfaces like the dash board, lower part of the pillar around the seatbelts etc. The black just 'flows' better and I personally like the darker look with everything closed. If I want more light, I just slide open the sunroof cover or open the sunroof and things get lightened up. The beige roofliner makes it always seem 'bright' in the car.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Looks like the photo in the first post in this new thread is the gray interior with black headliner:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...edals-2898532/
Old 04-05-2016, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RickObe
Looks like the photo in the first post in this new thread is the gray interior with black headliner:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...edals-2898532/
That is what sold me on the grey interior. I just wanted to see if anyone had real world examples for the US market. If the black headliner brings with it black carpet, for me that is the way to go...
Old 04-05-2016, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by adamvincent617
That is what sold me on the grey interior. I just wanted to see if anyone had real world examples for the US market. If the black headliner brings with it black carpet, for me that is the way to go...
I really doubt that the headliner choice affects the carpet. There is no mention of the carpet in the order guide.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
I really doubt that the headliner choice affects the carpet. There is no mention of the carpet in the order guide.
Yes, at least for the US market, opting for the black headliner whether fabric or alcantara does nothing to the carpet color. The carpet color is simply dictated by the interior leather color choice from the numerous examples I've seen on dealer lots.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here's one I found for sale with the gray interior and black headliner. Interior photos are not the best but at least we have photos of an actual built car.
Wilsonville, Portland, Beaverton, , sells and services vehicles in the greater area

Quick Reply: Grey Interior with Black Headliner