Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Guys with ACC and guys without?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Guys with ACC and guys without?

Hello all, I wanted to ask the folks with ACC if they are happy with it, problems plus if it was worth the extra $2400. versus the guys that didn't get it if they regret not having this option?
Thanks.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by quattro0323
Hello all, I wanted to ask the folks with ACC if they are happy with it, problems plus if it was worth the extra $2400. versus the guys that didn't get it if they regret not having this option?
Thanks.
My Q7 does not have it, and I don't regret not having it.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I am also trying to justify not getting ACC (I believe you are referring to Driver Assistance Package) because it's not available on some of the cars on the lot, and the ones that have it, may be missing other packages I would like to have. Not getting DAP would give me a lot more choices in terms of color combination and other options. There is another thread on this few titles below, and those who have it seem to love it and that "it's the future". I guess it depends on if you will be able to utilize it or not. I don't go on a long road trips too often, but having it on my vehicle might mean it will make long trips more enjoyable, I might just drive more.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by discogone
My Q7 does not have it, and I don't regret not having it.
Thanks for your response, I wanted to know if without the DAP we might be missing out on a key feature. I see it depends on if you do frequent long trips, in addition stop and go around town.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 566 Likes on 448 Posts

Ive got ACC and love it, I didnt think much for it when I bought the vehicle, was on the vehicle I bought for other options.. If you drive in a city with any kind of bad traffic, its a blessing, on the interstates its nice but in crawling traffic its great.

Went to yellowstone this summer, they have bad traffic that crawls along for parking areas and wildlife.. it proved quite worthwhile allowing me to gawk out the windows like my passengers were while trusting my vehicle to keep from hitting the car infront of me.

The only thing is I hate how aggressively it brakes when someone cuts me off, had to learn to override it with the throttle and then back off manually before it takes back over..
Old 10-13-2017, 08:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
I am also trying to justify not getting ACC (I believe you are referring to Driver Assistance Package) because it's not available on some of the cars on the lot, and the ones that have it, may be missing other packages I would like to have. Not getting DAP would give me a lot more choices in terms of color combination and other options. There is another thread on this few titles below, and those who have it seem to love it and that "it's the future". I guess it depends on if you will be able to utilize it or not. I don't go on a long road trips too often, but having it on my vehicle might mean it will make long trips more enjoyable, I might just drive more.
Hayde_bre seems we are in the same boat. I can add this feature but think the extra $2400 can be used for something else. I’m not too much a distance driver.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dreadlocks
Ive got ACC and love it, I didnt think much for it when I bought the vehicle, was on the vehicle I bought for other options.. If you drive in a city with any kind of bad traffic, its a blessing, on the interstates its nice but in crawling traffic its great.

Went to yellowstone this summer, they have bad traffic that crawls along for parking areas and wildlife.. it proved quite worthwhile allowing me to gawk out the windows like my passengers were while trusting my vehicle to keep from hitting the car infront of me.

The only thing is I hate how aggressively it brakes when someone cuts me off, had to learn to override it with the throttle and then back off manually before it takes back over..
Thanks dreadlocks
Old 10-13-2017, 11:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might be in the minority among those who have the ACC. I tried all the features when I first got the Q7 and found that I don't care for any of the electronic driving assist features. The automatic follow feature(I can't remember what Audi calls this) leaves way too much gap in front. In the couple of times that I tried it, people were cutting in front of me left and right. I can't imagine using it in the L.A. traffic. I turned off just about all the electronic driving features that I could. The only thing I left on that I can think of is the heads up display. I find that I enjoy driving the Q7 and I wouldn't want it to drive me.
Old 10-14-2017, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have DAP/ACC and enjoy using it.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

I have ACC/DAP and would not buy another car without out it. Use it every day. My wife, who never in her life would use cruise control, now uses it now that she has the adaptive feature.

Quick Reply: Guys with ACC and guys without?