Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Has anybody updated/replaced the sub on the Bang & Olufsen system ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Has anybody updated/replaced the sub on the Bang & Olufsen system ?

Just got the car last week, sound quality is fine but I miss DEEP bass, it just isn't there. Has anybody here upgraded or added a subwoofer in any form ?

My idea would be to add a powered subwoofer tube which I can remove when I need the trunk space.- I don't really want to install something permanent.

Any ideas ? Anyone done this before ?
Old 09-11-2017, 11:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Volker Lauterbach
Just got the car last week, sound quality is fine but I miss DEEP bass, it just isn't there. Has anybody here upgraded or added a subwoofer in any form ?

My idea would be to add a powered subwoofer tube which I can remove when I need the trunk space.- I don't really want to install something permanent.

Wow! you paid $5,000 for an option and are already replacing speakers. That is something. I hope my new Q7 has enough bass for me, because I don't want to have to upgrade my speakers with the B & O system.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Slowerider29er
Wow! you paid $5,000 for an option and are already replacing speakers. That is something. I hope my new Q7 has enough bass for me, because I don't want to have to upgrade my speakers with the B & O system.
I'm a bit of a bass-head. Don't worry, for most people the system is going to be great.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Volker Lauterbach

My buddy did that in his 2016 RS7 that had B&O. Sounded way better after adding a different woofer. He didn't have to add an amp either.

Where as on ours I didn't add the B&O so I am going to be upgrading the woofer and add an amp to power it.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

That is good to hear.
Thanks
Old 09-12-2017, 04:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You sound like the guy from my neighborhood that cranks up the stereo so loud you hear him coming and going EVERY DAY from two blocks away. I despise that douche.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by AUDI1880
You sound like the guy from my neighborhood that cranks up the stereo so loud you hear him coming and going EVERY DAY from two blocks away. I despise that douche.
Not a very helpful post.
The following 2 users liked this post by snagitseven:
calculi (11-08-2019), godofko (07-14-2023)
Old 09-12-2017, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

That's so nice of you. Thanks for sharing.
The following users liked this post:
godofko (07-14-2023)
Old 09-12-2017, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

LOL. Goes to show you there is always better out there!! Even Richard Gere dumped Cindy after a few years....
Old 09-12-2017, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

This is not what this forum is about! You are the typical online keyboard cowboy. This community is about helping each other not bringing others down. The OP asked a simple question, and if you can't bring anything to the discussion then don't post.

Quick Reply: Has anybody updated/replaced the sub on the Bang & Olufsen system ?