Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Has anyone replaced bearing yet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Has anyone replaced bearing yet?

A friend of mine is informed to replace bearing under warranty next week.
I'm wondering if anyone has the same issue here.

Thanks for your information.
Old 07-06-2017, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Main wheel bearings, or some other bearings?
Old 07-06-2017, 04:57 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by markchen

Wheel bearing im assuming correct?

Just checked history, i have sold 2 in the past 8 months.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks for info.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

It should be wheel bearings.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by markchen

I had to replace the two front wheel bearings under warranty 2 months after I got the Q7 - apparently they must be soft, they said that they had issues with about half of the Q7's front bearings getting a flat spot on them from they suspect transporting it by rail, tied down too tight and the vibrations causing the flat spot.

This was manifested by a rotational vibration noise that varied with speed and good louder both with speed and time the defects was present.

The repair was effective so far. but its only been a few weeks.
Old 07-09-2017, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiTK
I had to replace the two front wheel bearings under warranty 2 months after I got the Q7 - apparently they must be soft, they said that they had issues with about half of the Q7's front bearings getting a flat spot on them from they suspect transporting it by rail, tied down too tight and the vibrations causing the flat spot.

This was manifested by a rotational vibration noise that varied with speed and good louder both with speed and time the defects was present.

The repair was effective so far. but its only been a few weeks.
I am curious if this was something you heard (just audibly) in the cabin or more of something you felt in the form of rotational feedback in the pedal and steering wheel?
Old 07-09-2017, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was a very minor feeling in the steering wheel. most of it was audible only. I'm not sure mine was bad enough to feel in the wheel yet, as it started off very minor and quickly got worse as we waited for the service appointment.

Once I called in, the dealer knew right away what it was and incited they were seeing this issue (at least in my part of the world) very often due to the long transport times...

I find it funny because my BMW came from Germany, and no bearing or delivery issues. Those most be some super soft bearings to wear a flat spot from transportation vibrations. They said it was because the front was "too heavy" - Not sure if the Q7 little 6 is heaver than the massive v8 they put in my 550x but who knows... Its m first Audi purchase so I decided to lease this car and see how to service and stuff is... so far its been interesting experience....

since the bearings issues, its returned for fuel injector replacement in 2 of 4 cylinders also..... all of this within 20,000km of new.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

i get the same sound driver front wheel when I'm backing out of garage full turn.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:12 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiTK
There was a very minor feeling in the steering wheel. most of it was audible only. I'm not sure mine was bad enough to feel in the wheel yet, as it started off very minor and quickly got worse as we waited for the service appointment.

Once I called in, the dealer knew right away what it was and incited they were seeing this issue (at least in my part of the world) very often due to the long transport times...

I find it funny because my BMW came from Germany, and no bearing or delivery issues. Those most be some super soft bearings to wear a flat spot from transportation vibrations. They said it was because the front was "too heavy" - Not sure if the Q7 little 6 is heaver than the massive v8 they put in my 550x but who knows... Its m first Audi purchase so I decided to lease this car and see how to service and stuff is... so far its been interesting experience....

since the bearings issues, its returned for fuel injector replacement in 2 of 4 cylinders also..... all of this within 20,000km of new.
Did the dealer say what caused the injector failure?

Quick Reply: Has anyone replaced bearing yet?