Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Headlight washers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight washers?

Are those little panels under headlights headlight washers? I read somewhere that they activate when the windshield washers are activated?
Old 11-08-2016, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yep Have someone else turn them on and watch them. (It's the little things in life that excite me!)
Old 11-08-2016, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

haha .. will do. Thanks for confirming. I just want to make sure they actually work! and of course little details like that really make a difference!
Old 11-09-2016, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Keyser Wi
haha .. will do. Thanks for confirming. I just want to make sure they actually work! and of course little details like that really make a difference!
They come on something like every five times the windshield wipers activate, and only when the low beam headlights are on.

They do use quite a bit of washer fluid.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RickObe
They come on something like every five times the windshield wipers activate, and only when the low beam headlights are on.
Switch light to low beam (instead of Auto), and wash the windshield several times to see it activated?
Old 11-09-2016, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Keyser Wi
Switch light to low beam (instead of Auto), and wash the windshield several times to see it activated?
Exactly
Old 11-09-2016, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

@jallen0 & @Rick - Thank you for the inputs
Old 11-10-2016, 08:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have had my prestige since February and haven't seen them come on yet, just went outside and tried a lot even put a business card in the crack to see if it would fall out. I can't seem to make them work. I had Audi check last time I brought it in for service but they never said anything.

I am starting to doubt they exist or they were an option I didn't get? The manual mentions washing the night vision camera at the same time are they only a part of that package? I also find no mention of them in MMI.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ink17Q7
I am starting to doubt they exist or they were an option I didn't get? The manual mentions washing the night vision camera at the same time are they only a part of that package? I also find no mention of them in MMI.
They might have been an option. I removed my bumper to replace the grille, and there was no "headlight washing" mechanism behind the bumper on my Q7. Although, the service manual made it seem like the Q7's were equipped with them as they never listed the steps to disconnect the headlight washers in the "Depending on the version, the following additional work procedures are required" section.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have come to the same conclusion.... I have tried washing the windshield many times and the supposedly headlight washers didn't pop out.
Hope someone can give us an answer here.

Quick Reply: Headlight washers?