Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

It's Here!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default It's Here!

My Q7 came in last week and I picked it up Wedsnesday night! Wow this car is so great to drive and full of surprises! Love love love how smooth the ride is with the Adaptive Chassis. My confg is in my sig, but I got...

Argus Brown Metallic
Black Interior
Layered Walnut Inlays
Black Headliner
Cold Weather Package
Driver Assistance Package
Adaptive Chassis

What's funny is that when I placed the order in September, the dealer actually "warned me" about the Layered Walnut and how he wanted to make sure I was going to be ok with the way it looks. I think it's fantastic. I love the contrast between it and the piano black finish and think it's both classy and striking.

Seats are very comfortable. Love the heated steering wheel. Interior lighting is really neat. 4-zone climate control is great. And have you seen the moonroof?! It's ginormous! Configurability of things through the MMI is pretty great (loved not having to not figure out some secret society underworld process for programming the homelink). Driver Assistance is pretty cool. I took my hands off the wheel when Active Lane Assist was on and the car steered fine...then yelled at me to put my hands back on the wheel and take control haha.

I LOVE THE HUD! Get the HUD! You will love the HUD!

Couple of little irritations only have to do with warnings. Yesterday was our first snow and sometimes at a stoplight the parking sensors would go off, and I got multiple pop-up warnings about PreSense not being able to do its job, etc.

Something I thought was really neat was that I had my phone plugged into one of the USB ports in the console and when I shut off the car to get out in the garage when I got home, I got an alert that my phone was still in the car...cool!

Managed to snap a few ok pix during the 10 minutes we had some sun the other day...
Attached Thumbnails It's Here!-img_0324.jpg   It's Here!-img_0320.jpg   It's Here!-img_0325.jpg   It's Here!-img_0318.jpg   It's Here!-img_0321.jpg  

It's Here!-img_0322.jpg   It's Here!-img_0328.jpg   It's Here!-img_0327.jpg  

Last edited by A6Louie; 12-05-2016 at 10:57 AM.
Old 12-05-2016, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats! My A4 is Argus Brown, it's a really nice color!
Old 12-05-2016, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

looks great....nice work with the photos too....like you working a SLR lol. I was driving a pathfinder one time for work and it was going bonkers because snow was on the sensors...I think thats something we might have to live with since it cant decipher between snow and a damaging obstruction. Again looks great enjoy your ride. T-minus 6 days and counting for me
Old 12-05-2016, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks very nice! Glad you were able to take some snaps before the snow yesterday. My Q7 is currently in the detailer for some paint protection so was not able to drive it yet in the snow.
Old 12-05-2016, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice! I like how the Layered Walnut looks with the Black interior.
Old 12-05-2016, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations! We have the layered walnut in one of our Q7's as well (with the nougat interior) and love it too! It really gives the car a warm feel.

Conversely, a few years ago, I had an A6 with layered oak, which I never really liked. It was a bit "whiter" if that makes sense and never really worked (IMO) with the rest of the car. The car had everything else I wanted in terms of packages, so I lived with it, but never really liked it. The walnut is a much nicer wood for this type of treatment and contrasts nicely with both the black and brown interiors.

Last edited by mike99; 12-05-2016 at 07:50 AM.
Old 12-05-2016, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Many miles of smiles!
Old 12-05-2016, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats!! Looks great! I think the layered walnut inside beautifully compliments the argus brown exterior. ENJOY!!
Old 12-05-2016, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Awesome. Best Q7 color ever!
Old 12-05-2016, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks all!

LarryV your comment made me smile...thanks again for letting me have a "live preview"

Now I'll have to actually read some of the Owner's Manual I guess. A few things I'm not sure how to do / what they do. Fun, fun, fun!

P.S. Has been terrific in the snow so far. And not to beat a dead horse, but dayum this car is smooth. Just took a rough back road home, and it's one that used to really shake me up in my A4 Avant. The Q7 is so much gentler over those nasty spots that it's almost unbelievable.