Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Journey to the Q7

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ConservativeConsumer
Just curious, do these reflectors reflect light after modification? What kind of film did they use?
I don’t know but I do know it’s not window tint. Good question! I don’t know that either! I’ll have to check when it’s dark one night. It’s not solid colored but more like tint and slightly see though. To me that’s not really important... Form over function!!!
Old 05-22-2019, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those mud flaps above the front wheels and above/behind the rear wheels, do they come in as default? My 2017 doesn't have those (I am in Canada)
Old 05-22-2019, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Q-Svn
I don’t know but I do know it’s not window tint. Good question! I don’t know that either! I’ll have to check when it’s dark one night. It’s not solid colored but more like tint and slightly see though. To me that’s not really important... Form over function!!!
I thought the orange reflectors were federally mandated on all cars. Can’t you get pulled over for that?
Old 05-22-2019, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ConservativeConsumer
Just curious, do these reflectors reflect light after modification? What kind of film did they use?
In the dark garage with a small flashlight they still appear to have some reflection.

Old 05-22-2019, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Q7 ME
I thought the orange reflectors were federally mandated on all cars. Can’t you get pulled over for that?

You’re probably right. I’ll keep them dark until I have a problem. I really like the dark color way more than the orange. Wish me luck!
Old 05-22-2019, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by javp1
Those mud flaps above the front wheels and above/behind the rear wheels, do they come in as default? My 2017 doesn't have those (I am in Canada)
That’s the way it came. Don’t know if you get that with a certain package the car came with or if there all that way. Maybe someone with more knowledge can give you specifics.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Good job on the MSRP less 10%

Are you able to divulge the name of the dealer that gave you the 10% off MSRP? With that discount I'm less inclined to look for a used Q7.

Thanks for sharing your journey. I've settled on the Q7 for similar reasons...love the Lexus reliability but absolutely cannot stand the looks (can't quite call it "design").
Old 05-23-2019, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Q-Sven - I agree on your comments about the small cup holders. It seems like a trivial matter, but it's not! I don't understand why Audi didn't make the cupholders a little larger. It seems like there is enough real estate in the center console area to design a cup holder large enough for a large glass. I would love to see that design change some time in the future.

Danielrmc - why should they not be able to divulge the name of that dealer? Ha! Even with a 10% discount they made thousands of dollars on the sale! This vehicle drives more to the Audi bottom line than any other car in their lineup. That dealer will surely love to take another 5 deals at that price.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

If you go the CPO route, you can find 15-20% off original msrp for a 2019. Though have to be indifferent to dealer location, so a bit more of a hassle.
Old 05-23-2019, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Not sure on the details but received 15% off today from Audi Atlanta.

Quick Reply: Journey to the Q7