Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

License Plate Delete Option

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pcaddict66
Anyone have the part number for these filler strips?
Here you go: 4M0807967B3Q7
Old 02-04-2016, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

My parts guy found them. I'll check with him tomorrow.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:26 AM
MLB
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone removed the filler strips in irder to put the plate bracket on the car? I want to preserve them for later use if necessary. Quick response would be really appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-20-2016, 06:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm taking delivery of my Q7 next week. There was a production delay for my car from week 37 to week 47 (dealer wouldn't elaborate). Long story short, my SA found another car with nearly the same specs for me and made it very worthwhile to take it. But it included the license plate DELETE option and I live in a state that requires a front plate.

What is the best way to handle this? Can/Should my dealer simply remove the filler strips and place a plate holder? Or is this something I need to figure out on my own after delivery.

I know it's a minor issue but I'd like to not have any issues when I take delivery. The dealer is 2 hours away.

Thanks.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jalf
I'm taking delivery of my Q7 next week. There was a production delay for my car from week 37 to week 47 (dealer wouldn't elaborate). Long story short, my SA found another car with nearly the same specs for me and made it very worthwhile to take it. But it included the license plate DELETE option and I live in a state that requires a front plate.

What is the best way to handle this? Can/Should my dealer simply remove the filler strips and place a plate holder? Or is this something I need to figure out on my own after delivery.

I know it's a minor issue but I'd like to not have any issues when I take delivery. The dealer is 2 hours away.

Thanks.
Remove the filler strips and install a front plate mounting bracket - should be very easily done. Dealer should be able to get the front plate mounting bracket through the parts department pretty quickly.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Jalf

Thanks.
Since you are in NY, they should install the front plate, i'm pretty sure they are required by law to, I'd be happy to take your filler strips if they include them. I don't like running a front plate, I'm in Saratoga. But my Q won't be here till the week of the 10th.
Old 09-23-2016, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The part is avail but get the dealer to cover the cost cause it's a total rip at over $150 for a simple piece of plastic. I bought my Q7 out of state and purchased one just in case I ever need it (front plates are required where I live, but the front looks so much better without, I am taking my chances for now).
Old 09-23-2016, 07:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Meyecul
The part is avail but get the dealer to cover the cost cause it's a total rip at over $150 for a simple piece of plastic. I bought my Q7 out of state and purchased one just in case I ever need it (front plates are required where I live, but the front looks so much better without, I am taking my chances for now).
My dealer seemed to think they had to do it (put front plate on). So hopefully they will remove the strips, save them for another customer who doesn't need a front plate, and put a plate frame on my car for no charge. Picking up the car in 3 days.
Old 03-21-2019, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I recently purchased a 2019 Q5 equipped with an original front license bracket. My state requires front plates but is considering legislation to eliminate them. I intend to risk it and remove the front plate and bracket, but my dealer is not helpful about what is needed. The bracket is held on by 4 torx-head screws and removes easily. There is a gap in the trim strips which is filled in by strips you get from the parts department. They are pricey ($74 each). My dealer parts guy brought one out and it appears correct, however, it does not "snap" into place and it just falls right out. It looks like there should be another part or something to make it stay in. The service guy didn't know how they went in but said "make an appointment and we will figure it out". I am troubled that no one seems to know the correct procedure.

Quick Reply: License Plate Delete Option