Loaded Premium Plus vs Prestige

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 02:54 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loaded Premium Plus vs Prestige

Hello,

This is my first post ever here.

We are in the market for our first Audi (actually our first luxury car after years of ownership of VWs). We worked with a few dealers over the last 2-3 weeks.

At the end of April, we ended up ordering a Premium Plus model with 3.0 engine, driver assist, cold + warm weather packages, 20" wheel, and other bells and whistles. We got 9% off MSRP. Pricing wise, not great, but ok.

While waiting for the car to be delivered from the port during the past week (still waiting as of today), I realized we probably made a stupid mistake: with all these packages on P+, we should have just gone Prestige. In fact I checked Audi's build tool, with all these options added in, the P+ is $700 more than a Prestige + cold weather, while the Prestige has HUD and slightly better interior to boot.

Is this true, or did I miss something? I can't believe Audi's pricing structure has this bug in a "corner" case, and the 2 sales rep. from two different dealers didn't even bring this up to us. In fact, I found many dealers in our area (central NJ) stock such loaded P+, like the one we ordered. If this is true, how come dealers even order them to be built to begin with?

Yesterday we got back to dealership to see if we can "rescue" this mistake. The case is still pending...

(Apologize if this topic has been discussed before.)
Old 05-05-2019, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That’s what I recall back when we were buying our 2018. A loaded P+ was not too far away from the price of a comparable Prestige.
The HUD was a “must” for us, so Prestige was the only way for us.
Old 05-05-2019, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

As I recall, this is true. A loaded P+ gets close to the Prestige and is lacking a couple items found on the Prestige. I haven't kept track but this could be true still
Old 05-05-2019, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

While the net pricing does come close, on a lease, dollar for dollar, the premium plus absolutely leases better due to a higher residual. Prestige’s command a bit more resale value in the actual open market down the road (although by how much diminishes with time and mileage).
Old 05-05-2019, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

Prestige is a much nicer package across the Audi line.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Are you leasing or financing, if you are leasing you just saved over $75/mo, at the time I was cross shopping, MF was high and residual on prestige is always few points worse, so it was near $100/mo difference with near identically packaged prestige vs P+. I went with P+.
At the time a lot of options were part of packages, nowadays they are more generous with options since it's last year of this generation. You can rescue from anything, just because you ordered, it doesn't mean you are stuck with it. You should try to work with same dealer and see if they can locate you a prestige with what you want if you think you'll keep the Audi for a long time. You should get what you will be happy with.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone! So the leasing difference explains. We are buying not leasing. So we'll go back to work with the dealer to find an equivalent Prestige. I'm hoping they'll keep the same discounts they gave us, and won't using this an excuse to revoke the deal.
Old 05-05-2019, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by philosli
Hello,

Prestige has HUD and slightly better interior to boot.
fyi....the interior of a P+ and a Prestige are the exact same unless you opt for the $5650 Luxury package which is only available on Prestige. You do get the configurable ambient lighting in Prestige which is nice but that has no affect in comparing the interiors during the daytime.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by philosli
Thanks everyone! So the leasing difference explains. We are buying not leasing. So we'll go back to work with the dealer to find an equivalent Prestige. I'm hoping they'll keep the same discounts they gave us, and won't using this an excuse to revoke the deal.
If you are buying an keeping for a while, get what you want. The dealer will be happy to get you a Prestige. Its the small things that pushed most of us to the Prestige, otherwise you can mostly configure a P+ like one
Old 05-05-2019, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=BigKutta;25312477]If you are buying an keeping for a while, get what you want. The dealer will be happy to get you a Prestige. Its the small things that pushed most of us to the Prestige, otherwise you can mostly configure a P+ like one[/QUOTE]

The big exception being the adaptive chassis (air suspension/4 wheel steering package) which is only available with the Prestige.

Quick Reply: Loaded Premium Plus vs Prestige