Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Map update downloader login error?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 08:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Map update downloader login error?!

Ok. I know Q7II has map OTA update. But I gave the SD update a try. So I go to

https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi/

and log in (successfully), go to Audi Connect services, go to Map Update, and click on Download.

What I got is a Java Applet. It's a downloader program. I can see the interface and a download progress bar. But at this moment it prompts me "Login failed: be sure to use your myAudi credentials". Well I'm sure I used the right one (with which I logged into the above site after all). It just won't recognize the password.

Have any of you tried to do the same? How did it go? Am I missing something that caused me to not be able to download the map update?
Old 07-16-2016, 08:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

sorry website should be https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi (without the last slash). I don't seem to be able to edit my post somehow.
Old 07-17-2016, 04:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had the exact same experience. Just ended up performing the update over the the air in car over a coulee of days.

Apparently a bug.
Old 07-17-2016, 05:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for confirming. Unbelievable. This is why they say Tesla will disrupt the industry. Auto giant vw can't even get a simple downloaded right.
Originally Posted by Rheagar
I've had the exact same experience. Just ended up performing the update over the the air in car over a coulee of days.

Apparently a bug.
Old 07-17-2016, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

So true. And even while it was working a few months ago it required Java Runtime and a specific browser to work, bad choice these days.
Old 07-17-2016, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here, I have tried different machines/browsers, same login error.
Old 07-17-2016, 08:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Has ANYONE gotten it to work, anyway?

I clicked on the "forget password" link and it brought me to the German site. I wonder if the downloader actually contacts the German login servers which may be the cause. If this is the case then no American user would be able to log in.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I talked directly to Audi Connect support a couple of weeks ago. She indicated that they had several calls about this and that they had tried several things including resetting password, etc. & nothing worked. She said that their IT people were working on it and they hoped it would be fixed "in a couple of days". Obviously that didn't happen .
Is the option still on Audi's site to download the update to an SD card? I haven't looked lately but last time I did they had removed the link to the Java applet to start the download.
I also just did the update "over the air" on my Q7 & A4 but the only problem with that is it only lets you update certain regions one at a time & not the entire database.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
So true. And even while it was working a few months ago it required Java Runtime and a specific browser to work, bad choice these days.
When you downloaded the update when it was first released, which browser did you use?
I know that Audi sites are very picky about which browser is used to access them. When my SA was having problems setting up my car he called their tech support & was told he had to use a certain browser. When he did that everything went smoothly
Old 07-17-2016, 10:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

This is what it looks like now. Clicking on "Prepare package" generates the Applet. I tried Safari on Mac and Chrome on PC and had the same issue both times. If the problems is no Applet can be created then maybe it's a browser issue. When the Applet can be created and actually runs, just won't authenticate, then the problem should be in the authentication process.

Quick Reply: Map update downloader login error?!