Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

My New 2017 Q7 experience

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In Canada, it only comes with the top-level Technik package. In the US, if it follows the same logic, it only comes with the top-level Prestige package.

Interior Lighting Package (Progressive \ Premium Plus)
Interior Lighting Package Plus (Technik \ Prestige)

The Plus allows for color customization.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aquarian
I did, and there is nothing to be adjusted. I read my manual and it says there are 2 versions. Perhaps only the Prestige has it? Regardless, I hope I can hack it later with VCDS in the future.
I think the prestige has some different lighting. If it is there, then it is in vehicle settings, says interior maybe, then if you choose individual with the plus sign (is this what you call it I am new to Audi) you get the color wheel.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

I do have a question. Given that the 21" wheel option allows for regular tires, it would imply it would also come with a spare tire. Is there room underneath the flat trunk for a spare? And if so, what is there in lieu of a spare?
Old 01-21-2016, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by marnes
I do have a question. Given that the 21" wheel option allows for regular tires, it would imply it would also come with a spare tire. Is there room underneath the flat trunk for a spare? And if so, what is there in lieu of a spare?
There is no room for a spare. In other countries there is a spare that takes up part of the third row
Old 01-21-2016, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Guessing it's like the 2015/16 Golf R. Bottle of slime and a compressor.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

I do have a question. Given that the 21" wheel option allows for regular tires, it would imply it would also come with a spare tire.
Not a valid assumption. I have 3 German vehicles, all with regular tires, and none of them have a spare tire or even room for one. Goo and a can of compressed air + 800 number is about all you can expect. It's lighter than a spare so it helps with MPG and it's cheaper so it helps with EPS.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ksalno
Not a valid assumption. I have 3 German vehicles, all with regular tires, and none of them have a spare tire or even room for one. Goo and a can of compressed air + 800 number is about all you can expect. It's lighter than a spare so it helps with MPG and it's cheaper so it helps with EPS.
My assumption was based on the fact that all the new B9 A4s come standard with a space saving spare tire. There is no option for RFT on that car.

I guess the general rule of thumb is if you have RFT, you don't get a spare. If you have normal tires, you get a spare. But the Q7 is unusual that it has this odd combination. I can't think of any other car that does this!

Also is the new Q7 the first Audi to have RFT at all?
Old 01-26-2016, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I do have a quick question for the OP about the RSE system.

How much control does the driver have over the rear displays? If my young child is in the back and I want to flip on some cartoons if he starts to get frustrated with a long drive, can I do that from the driver controls or do I actually have to get out and activate the media on the tablet itself?

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-26-2016, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jon Haines
I do have a quick question for the OP about the RSE system.

How much control does the driver have over the rear displays? If my young child is in the back and I want to flip on some cartoons if he starts to get frustrated with a long drive, can I do that from the driver controls or do I actually have to get out and activate the media on the tablet itself?

Thanks in advance!
No control from driver. They work exactly like tablets. The child would control them.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by baltfan
No control from driver. They work exactly like tablets. The child would control them.
Wow...

Dealer seemed to be getting information that I would have control over the rear displays, similar to the control you have in an MDX/QX60, where you can choose what plays on the rear displays.

So if I've got a 1-3 year old in the back in a car seat, and I want to flip on any kind of media for him, I have to hook him up to the car seat, then go get in the car, turn the car on, then get out of the car, go back around to the backseat, and pick what I want him to watch, set it to play, and then get out of the car again and go back and get in the drivers seat and drive away?

Quick Reply: My New 2017 Q7 experience