Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 02:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gorgeous! Thanks for the pics.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

@gassermd looks like you have Q5 TDi and now Q7 _ how do you compare the ride and performance? Waiting for my Q7 to be delivered. My specs are very similar with black interior. Go Samurai!!!
Old 04-05-2018, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

@gassermd,

Did the all season pirelli come standard on the 21s or did you have to pay extra to have those?

Audi build website indicates summer rubber for the 21" wheels.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jetsfan101
@gassermd,

Did the all season pirelli come standard on the 21s or did you have to pay extra to have those?

Audi build website indicates summer rubber for the 21" wheels.
@jetsfan101 it is a free option with the 21 inch wheels, just have to search for it a bit.

@anilx783 Very different ride. The Q5 TDI has been repaired- I find that the pickup is a little worse and MPG definitely down since the repair. It is a diesel so kind of loud.
The Q7 for a larger SUV is super quiet in my opinion. Also because of the air suspension and 4 wheel turning the ride is nice and smooth and the turning is crazy tight. I have yet to really push the Q7.. will break it in a bit before i try hehe.
I love both cars though!
Old 04-06-2018, 02:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gassermd
@anilx783 Very different ride. The Q5 TDI has been repaired- I find that the pickup is a little worse and MPG definitely down since the repair. It is a diesel so kind of loud.
The Q7 for a larger SUV is super quiet in my opinion. Also because of the air suspension and 4 wheel turning the ride is nice and smooth and the turning is crazy tight. I have yet to really push the Q7.. will break it in a bit before i try hehe.
I love both cars though!
I did my TDI fix too. I agree with you after the fix it's a different vehicle. I am planning to trade it in so can't enjoy both at the same time.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
I've never seen a garage with such high ceiling. As the page was loading, before I scrolled down, I thought you turned your living room into a garage.
My garage is ~12' (then again my living room is ~19', so maybe its all relative.)

@OP:

Do you have your biggest kid in the middle (seems that way from seat sizes)? I put my biggest on the end (she's in just a booster) since I can still get to the 3rd row easily if needed. I had the rear facing docking station type seat in the middle (kind of a pain to reach into click but doable and I think easier than leaning in to help with buckles) but my youngest grew out of it, so he's on the other end (since he's rear facing still) and moved the middle kid to the middle (forward facing)
Old 04-06-2018, 06:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Brimstone
My garage is ~12' (then again my living room is ~19', so maybe its all relative.)

@OP:

Do you have your biggest kid in the middle (seems that way from seat sizes)? I put my biggest on the end (she's in just a booster) since I can still get to the 3rd row easily if needed. I had the rear facing docking station type seat in the middle (kind of a pain to reach into click but doable and I think easier than leaning in to help with buckles) but my youngest grew out of it, so he's on the other end (since he's rear facing still) and moved the middle kid to the middle (forward facing)
Yes I have my eldest in the middle. She plays better with the baby and my middle munchkin is a kicker and I would rather her not be kicking on the controls in the center console (my kick pads are on order.) Also my eldest prefers the middle and can buckle herself, so i win on those fronts as well. I bought the booster and the combination seat with the intent that if we are using all three rows, those two I can move in less than 5 minutes to the 3rd row. That leaves me two seats in the second row for most likely adult size folks. For now I have the base for the baby so it is easy to access the 3rd row from that position if I wanted. When he gets bigger I may shuffle the middle kiddo to the middle, but we will see. I still got time for now! The latches in every seat was a big selling point for me so that I can shuffle seats quickly.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gassermd
@jetsfan101 it is a free option with the 21 inch wheels, just have to search for it a bit.

I love both cars though!

I've definitely tested the handling on a clover ramp on to the highway. I took it about 45-50 mph when it said 25 and while my body definitely moved a bit, the car stayed pretty level and definitely in control.

Not something I'd do again on purpose but it felt grounded the entire time. And while my passengers may have puckered up below and reached for the side handles, there wasn't a yelp at all.

I remember test driving a Q7 for the first time with the Adaptive Chassis and it felt a world different from the GX 470 we came from and actually felt like a slightly-raised E60 5 series we have. The power was comparable, perhaps a bit zippier, but just rode higher but with similar road confidence. That was the big selling point for us when downsizing from a larger 3 row SUV.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Congratulations on your new ride - looks awesome.

I also like the Polytek floor in the garage.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Yeah I have to explain to my 3 year old not to kick the temperature settings now

Quick Reply: My Samurai Gray Beast