Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

New order...question and information thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car looks great! Glad that you are happy.

I think you can get it to adapt the speed on the speed limit signs. See page 115 of the manual.
Old 01-27-2016, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

You must have the manual dated 08.2015. My manual is dated 11.2015 and it starts on page 111. Thank you for the information!
Old 01-27-2016, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jallen0
You must have the manual dated 08.2015. My manual is dated 11.2015 and it starts on page 111. Thank you for the information!
Actually, I was looking at the online manual under MyAudi.

Also, I have AudiConnect working. I am very new to the system and just got it working today. Kind of disappointing that you can't do a whole lot more than lock the doors. There is no residual heat or cooling function. Some functions for valet and park location but park location is not working it right now--at least that is what the app says.

I think the more that you use the autonomous driving, the more you will be impressed. Very cool that it slow for curves and also for turns on the navigation. I do agree that it would be nice if it functioned more like a Tesla, but I think that is partially just the lawyers at Audi not allowing it. The prompts to put your hands back on the wheel do come up a little too often.
Old 01-27-2016, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Interesting. There seems to be several versions of the manual floating around.

Thanks for the information on the navigation stuff. I should have figured this all out during my two hour drive (Ha, not really).

Did your dealer set up audi connect for you?
Old 01-27-2016, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Interesting. There seems to be several versions of the manual floating around.

Thanks for the information on the navigation stuff. I should have figured this all out during my two hour drive (Ha, not really).

Did your dealer set up audi connect for you?
I went through the process online through the audiconnect site. It then said my dealer had to do some final part of the setup. It took them a week to activate it. Today was the first time that I got everything to work.

Car is so new, there is still a dearth of information on some things. I would really like more guidance on my rear seat entertainment units. I think I am getting everything that I can out of them, but it would be nice to see for sure.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Very nice Jallen0!! Hopefully mine will be ready Friday!
Old 01-27-2016, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

One more thing. I am sure that when the autonomous driving applies the brakes the brake lights come on. Any small speed adjustments by letting of accelerator doesn't result in brake lights. I have used it extensively in tons of different traffic and never sensed that those around me didn't know when it was braking. And I have let it stop itself at tons of intersections, sometimes pretty hard because the car in front of me braked hard.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the info. I will have someone follow me in the next day or so just to confirm.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

For instance I wish that when it saw the school zone sign it would change the speed setting on the cruise control to match what the school zone speed limit was.
I think it WILL reduce the speed down for a school zone. I was driving today with cruise on set at 70 and hit a work zone posted at 55 mph and my speed dropped dramatically to 55. I would be surprised if it didn't do the same for a school zone.

Nice car! Identical to mine in all respects; hope you're as pleased as I am.
Z
Old 01-27-2016, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Z, It will do that. I went back out to look at the options and saw that I had that one turned off. I'll test it out tomorrow again

Yes, after day 1 I love the car.

Quick Reply: New order...question and information thread