Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Numerous Malfuntion Messages Appearing

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Corgiman

I had the whole system shut down several (4-5) times affecting all 4 doors but it would reboot and work normally if I restarted the car. The frequent driver's door malfunction started after the repair. Exact build date was 12/16.
Since I did not have the repair you did, and mine has the same malfunction message(s), this leads me to believe they may not be (fully) related. As mentioned, all my error messages began after the last software update when I brought the vehicle in for the last service +/- 2 mos ago. It's kind'a like iPhone updates, they fix 5 things and create two new issues. Before accepting any replacements, I'd be damn sure the computer issues that Audi cant seem to find resolution of, is rectified in current builds, and if it is, then why cant they fix yours? I wonder if it's hardware vs sw?
Old 02-20-2018, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by RJC 1
Since I did not have the repair you did, and mine has the same malfunction message(s), this leads me to believe they may not be (fully) related. As mentioned, all my error messages began after the last software update when I brought the vehicle in for the last service +/- 2 mos ago. It's kind'a like iPhone updates, they fix 5 things and create two new issues. Before accepting any replacements, I'd be damn sure the computer issues that Audi cant seem to find resolution of, is rectified in current builds, and if it is, then why cant they fix yours? I wonder if it's hardware vs sw?
Pretty sure it's software. If I tug on the door handle/start the car/open the hatch/ open and close another door the driver's door soft closes like it's supposed to. So the hardware functions correctly. They know that the system is becoming "confused" and shutting down the system.
Old 02-20-2018, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Pretty sure it's software. If I tug on the door handle/start the car/open the hatch/ open and close another door the driver's door soft closes like it's supposed to. So the hardware functions correctly. They know that the system is becoming "confused" and shutting down the system.
Mine's a 6/16 build so I'm earlier than yours, wonder who else here is having any of these issues, and if they have later builds? Again, if later builds don't have the issue(s), and sw updates are not resolving yours, then there has to be another facet involved...
Old 02-20-2018, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Mine's a 6/16 build so I'm earlier than yours, wonder who else here is having any of these issues, and if they have later builds? Again, if later builds don't have the issue(s), and sw updates are not resolving yours, then there has to be another facet involved...
Let me know how your repair goes.
Old 02-20-2018, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Let me know how your repair goes.
Will do.
I am bringing it in next week sometime and will talk w/ the service mgr, as I don't want to fix one thing and end up with another.
Keep me/us posted on your ordeal.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have an 18 Prestige I’d say they work like 75% of the time. I’ve accidently driven with the door not fully closed with my 3 year old son in the back and thankfully nothing happened. I now make sure I just slam the back doors shut to be on the safe side.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by protox
I have an 18 Prestige I’d say they work like 75% of the time. I’ve accidently driven with the door not fully closed with my 3 year old son in the back and thankfully nothing happened. I now make sure I just slam the back doors shut to be on the safe side.
That's scary stuff.
Have you had any of the other issues mentioned here? What's your production date? thx
Old 02-20-2018, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

That's scary stuff.
Have you had any of the other issues mentioned here? What's your production date? thx
Cant check car right now but it’d most likely be a late 2017 build since I bought it in January of this year pretty much as soon as it got to port. No other issues beside a warning I got about Audi Pre Sense currently being limited. After a restart, it went away.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by protox

Cant check car right now but it’d most likely be a late 2017 build since I bought it in January of this year pretty much as soon as it got to port. No other issues beside a warning I got about Audi Pre Sense currently being limited. After a restart, it went away.
Thx. All my malfunctions go away after restart too, but return in time.
I have just over 5k on my '17.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Geez, should have never mentioned I did not have the soft-close door issue, sure enough it happened today causing the car to go into park every time I came to a stop (this could be a safety issue)...it only fixed itself after a restart. My wife really likes this feature and it's one of the main reasons I got her the Q7 vs others. Is there a dedicated fix for this, or is everyone in limbo? Thx

Here's a list of our unresolved electronic issues so far with about 5k on odo:
  • Parking brake malfunction/error
  • Driver's door malfunction/error
  • Drive Assist hands off wheel malfunction
  • Soft close doors not working at times
  • Alarm chirp only works 50% of time
  • Pre-sense malfunction/error

Last edited by RJC 1; 02-22-2018 at 02:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Numerous Malfuntion Messages Appearing