Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

OBDEleven

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Okay - I see this device is used for diagnosing.

But wouldn't the "check engine" light come on or the dealership pick up on these faults?

Why would I need to buy one?
Old 09-11-2016, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Wisconsin Q7
Okay - I see this device is used for diagnosing.

But wouldn't the "check engine" light come on or the dealership pick up on these faults?

Why would I need to buy one?
I find it helpful to know what fault codes are stored when bringing the car into the dealer.

This device also lets you modify some vehicle settings and enable features that are not normally available. Examples are contained throughout this thread.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hockeyfox
Anyone know what this error could be. One of many errors, but this is the only error that has occured more than once.

Predictive route data signal error.
Frequency count is now at 5 and seems to be increasing. On another note, was able to easily change the lane change signal from 3 flashes to 4.
That looks like it might be related to the predictive assistance. According to Audi it uses speed, radar etc. To determine if you can coast and maintain speed. Noted by the green foot pulling off the accelerator instrument icon. Maybe nothing to worry about. It could be just a counter of attempts made to determine predictive assist notifications that failed to meet the criteria.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dhc8guru
That looks like it might be related to the predictive assistance. According to Audi it uses speed, radar etc. To determine if you can coast and maintain speed. Noted by the green foot pulling off the accelerator instrument icon. Maybe nothing to worry about. It could be just a counter of attempts made to determine predictive assist notifications that failed to meet the criteria.
Fault code 6 means it has a long term effect on drivability. Very low priority.
Old 09-11-2016, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I occasionally get a message on the VC that says something like: predictive efficiency assist unavailable. I assume it is because the sensors aren't getting the info they need. It never lasts for long. This may be related to this fault code.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
I occasionally get a message on the VC that says something like: predictive efficiency assist unavailable. I assume it is because the sensors aren't getting the info they need. It never lasts for long. This may be related to this fault code.
One thing I see is that the predictive efficiency assist will not work and I get that error message when it has not seen a traffic sign yet. There are no traffic signs between my house and town 8 miles away and the efficiency assist always gives me that message. Cruise works fine but it won't slow down to go through curves like it should. On the way back home, it does see a traffic sign as it leaves town and the efficiency assist works and it slows down and drives through curves on its own. Basically, if there is no traffic sign showing on the VC or HUD then I get an error message that the predictive control can't work.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RickObe
Yes, I have also seen this warning on my car but I don't have any fault codes.

Originally Posted by Abg3398
One thing I see is that the predictive efficiency assist will not work and I get that error message when it has not seen a traffic sign yet. There are no traffic signs between my house and town 8 miles away and the efficiency assist always gives me that message. Cruise works fine but it won't slow down to go through curves like it should. On the way back home, it does see a traffic sign as it leaves town and the efficiency assist works and it slows down and drives through curves on its own. Basically, if there is no traffic sign showing on the VC or HUD then I get an error message that the predictive control can't work.
If I pull into my garage and sit long enough the Traffic sign information warning pops up. It probably has some kind of time criteria to see a sign before it pops the warning.

There is a new parkway that was converted from a two lane road that I drive into work on. It clearly has 60 mph signs all along the parkway. For some reason the system won't read the signs and thinks it still is the old 35 mph speed limit. Very bizarre, its like the old systems that rely on updates through navigation.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

the Q dont recognize the sign??
Old 09-12-2016, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fault code 6 means it has a long term effect on drivability. Very low priority.
Not at all familiar with fault codes and their meaning, but do you think this is something I should take in and have checked out. I have not received any unusual error messages but the fault count is now up to 8. But everything "appears" to be working okay. Now my one touch windows is a whole other story and the electronic gremlins seem to have found a home here even with following the manual to reset the windows.
Old 09-12-2016, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by hockeyfox
Not at all familiar with fault codes and their meaning, but do you think this is something I should take in and have checked out. I have not received any unusual error messages but the fault count is now up to 8. But everything "appears" to be working okay. Now my one touch windows is a whole other story and the electronic gremlins seem to have found a home here even with following the manual to reset the windows.
I think it's doubtful that the service dept would do anything based on just fault codes that you are reading. But if your window auto up/down function isn't working right, even after doing the reset procedure, I would definitely take it in for that.

Quick Reply: OBDEleven