Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

OBDEleven

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Few questions for the gurus

1. In module 46 i see emergency flash braking indication...is that hazards with emergency braking or quick flash of braking lights?
2. Would like to take the range restriction on closing the trunk lid...cant seem to find that.
3. Want to adjust sensitivity of movement of steering wheel during lane assist.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, when backing up, the rear view and surround cameras come on automatically. But when I'm pulling into a parking space, only the ultrasonic sensors come on and not the front/surround cameras. Any way to active the 360 camera ?
Old 09-15-2017, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
So i used obd to disable the auto start several months ago and with the weather just starting to turn my wife turned off ac. When she did the auto start engages for just a second then restarts. When sitting at a light the engine stops but restarts but does it so fast the engine doesn't actually come to a stop,If i push the auto stop button on the dash it keeps running or if the ac is on it keeps running. Any suggestions
Old 09-15-2017, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

the audi climate control system automatically turns off ac at 36 degrees and less. at least it did in my 2016 S3. I learned to leave the climate control system alone to do its thing in auto mode. you might consult the owners manual and see if the system is the same in the Q
Old 09-16-2017, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by iasm
Hello
So i used obd to disable the auto start several months ago and with the weather just starting to turn my wife turned off ac. When she did the auto start engages for just a second then restarts. When sitting at a light the engine stops but restarts but does it so fast the engine doesn't actually come to a stop,If i push the auto stop button on the dash it keeps running or if the ac is on it keeps running. Any suggestions
I do not believe there is any work around for that issue yet as the OBDEleven is just a work around and not,really a solution at this point.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Hello
It was stated when this method of disabling auto start/stop was published that turning off the HVAC would result in exactly what you describe.

That said, there's really no reason to turn off the HVAC. In fact, you really don't want it off in the winter so as to prevent interior fogging. If you are concerned about gas mileage, the system only uses the AC compressor as needed, so your mileage is really not much affected when it's cool outside.

I would just leave the HVAC on. You can manually turn the fan on the lowest setting if you want to reduce air flow. But until someone else comes up with a better method to disable start/stop, you are stuck with this.
Old 09-16-2017, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

with the weather just starting to turn my wife turned off ac.
Originally Posted by RickObe
That said, there's really no reason to turn off the HVAC. In fact, you really don't want it off in the winter so as to prevent interior fogging.
Exactly. Theres no reason to turn off the HVAC system ever. Leave it on auto year round.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

hi guys
The wife wants me to set back to factory. Do i select enable or disable. I am not sure if enable means to enable start/stop or does it mean to enable the change to disable start/stop.
Thanks for the help
Old 09-16-2017, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

hi guys
The wife wants me to set back to factory. Do i select enable or disable. I am not sure if enable means to enable start/stop or does it mean to enable the change to disable start/stop.
Thanks for the help
I assume you are talking about using OBD11's app?

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to that because I did mine via coding.

But.... I seem to recall that the OBD11 app uses the same coding "trick". Easy to check:

Go into Module 08/Air Conditioning
Tap Adaptation
Look at the "A/C comfort param for start/stop function"
If the value is 0 (zero), then OBD11's app used the same trick
Set the value back to 5 and you'll be back to factory setting.
Old 09-17-2017, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

hi guys
Thanks for the help
This is going to sound weird.

When you set it up, you "enabled" the disable start/stop.

To go back, you want to disable the disable start/stop.

I did it through the OBDEleven app as well.

Quick Reply: OBDEleven