Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

OEM Audi Q7 Hitch vs Aftermarket Hitch

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys,

Any known issues with installing the above hitches from etrailer ? Does it impact the warranty in any which way ?
Old 01-22-2019, 08:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mackerman22
Wow, thank you nhatman! It will be $698 for the tow hitch and the Dallas preferred installer will install it for $375. Ordering now!
How'd the install go? Any issues or concerns regarding the hitch and the installation? I'm about to order it myself. One of their preferred installers near me in Santa Monica is charging me $500 for installation. This is for the tow hitch with the brake wiring. Was yours similar?
Old 01-23-2019, 05:11 AM
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Another option is the Stealth Hitch! Stealth Hitch stainless steel latch block is completely undetectable until needed. We connect directly to the chassis exactly like the OEM to protect the crumple zones. Our zero play system complies with both U.S. and European testing, that generally carries a higher tow rating. Our rack receiver for rack and ball mount can be inserted and removed in seconds, without tools. Hitches come with interval lock to protect against theft. Stealth Hitches do not interfere with foot activated tailgate release. The permanent parts are positioned behind the bumper, not under the bumper. There is no permanent steel under the bumper to interfere with the antennae. Please visit our Q7 page on our website https://stealthhitches.com/products/...ears-2016-2017 .
Visit Stealth Hitches Customer Reviews page on this forum for reviews and photos. Take advantage of our January forum members 20% off with code FORUM19 or call us at 1-833 MYHITCH (694-4824) We'd loved to hear from you!
The following users liked this post:
BigBoy11 (03-15-2020)
Old 01-23-2019, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

StealthHitch, thanks for the coupon! I was the one that recommended your hitch earlier in the thread and was wondering how that other poster liked it (his last post was that he was going to get it and have a local installer install it).

Quick question while I have you -- do you have a plug-n-play version for the brake wiring? According to your instructions, you have to splice into the car's wires and I'm not entirely comfortable with that.
Old 02-07-2019, 12:33 PM
Former Vendor

Thank your for the recommenation!
Sorry for the delay in answering your question. To answer you, no we do not have a plug-n-play version for the brake wiring. We use a special tap, not splice, connector that is commonly used. We do not splice, but the tap connectors do penetrate the insulation for a positive yet uninterrupted connection. Local Audi dealers send their vehicles to us and there has not been any issues. I hope this helped

Last edited by StealthHitches; 02-07-2019 at 12:36 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As of 6 months ago invisihitch and execuhitch did not have an 18 q7 solution. Not familiar with stealth. Paid the hitch house 800 for either a Reece or a curt, cant remember which. It looked like hell and had no 7pin provision. Okay, my fault for not enough investigation and interrogation. I took it to the dealer shelled out 2500. Problem solved.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Towing Capacity of Stealth Hitch

Originally Posted by StealthHitches
Another option is the Stealth Hitch! Stealth Hitch stainless steel latch block is completely undetectable until needed. We connect directly to the chassis exactly like the OEM to protect the crumple zones. Our zero play system complies with both U.S. and European testing, that generally carries a higher tow rating. Our rack receiver for rack and ball mount can be inserted and removed in seconds, without tools. Hitches come with interval lock to protect against theft. Stealth Hitches do not interfere with foot activated tailgate release. The permanent parts are positioned behind the bumper, not under the bumper. There is no permanent steel under the bumper to interfere with the antennae. Please visit our Q7 page on our website https://stealthhitches.com/products/...ears-2016-2017 .
Visit Stealth Hitches Customer Reviews page on this forum for reviews and photos. Take advantage of our January forum members 20% off with code FORUM19 or call us at 1-833 MYHITCH (694-4824) We'd loved to hear from you!
I can't find any information on the towing capacity or the load / weight capacity of this hitch??? What is it rated?? I, II or III..??
Old 02-12-2019, 12:43 PM
Former Vendor

We do not list hitches by class rating because we try to give our customers meaningful information on vehicle capacities not hitch capacities. Stealth Hitches complies with both U.S. testing and European testing, that generally carry a higher tow rating. We design all hitches to exceed vehicle capacities by a minimum of 50%.
The following users liked this post:
BigBoy11 (03-15-2020)
Old 02-12-2019, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Towing Capacity of Stealth Hitch

Originally Posted by StealthHitches
We do not list hitches by class rating because we try to give our customers meaningful information on vehicle capacities not hitch capacities. Stealth Hitches complies with both U.S. testing and European testing, that generally carry a higher tow rating. We design all hitches to exceed vehicle capacities by a minimum of 50%.
So..... my 3.0T Q7 is rated to tow 7700 lbs... That means that your hitch will work with this load? and the corresponding 250lb tongue weight???

Old 02-14-2019, 11:12 AM
Former Vendor

Absolutely!

Quick Reply: OEM Audi Q7 Hitch vs Aftermarket Hitch