Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Order 2017 or 18 ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 06:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Order 2017 or 18 ?

So I currently have a Q5 lease that ends in April and I want to upgrade to the Q7. I can't seem to find any vehicles with the options I want so my only option seems to order custom. My salesman is telling me if I order a MY17 right now I should have it by April/May.
Now correct me if i'm wrong but the 2017s have been out for over a year now so the 2018s should be hitting dealers soon yet they don't have ordering guides out yet? Dealer has no info and are telling me they will be coming out at the end of the summer. Is there any truth to this? I would be really upset if I order a 2017 now and the 2018s starts rolling out at the same time my vehicle will.
Thanks!
Old 01-16-2017, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

No one knows when 18s will be out.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:31 AM
alt
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm in a very similar situation, coming off of a Q5 lease. I asked sales manager at my local dealership about postponing my Q7 order to MY 18. He said they didn't expect to be able to order a MY 18 until late June/July, with delivery in early fall.

I've already had Audi Financial extend my lease end from December to March and I've been told they will not extend it again without a vehicle order submitted so I can't wait until July to place an order. I'll be on a roughly 5 month extension when my Q7 is delivered.

You might run into the same problem.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

The Q7 MKII was released earlier in the cycle than most new models. I'm going to hazard a guess that the MY2018 will fall in line with the typical schedule of first release in mid-Summer with orders starting in May thereabouts. If so, I wouldn't expect the order guide to be published until then.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alt
I'm in a very similar situation, coming off of a Q5 lease. I asked sales manager at my local dealership about postponing my Q7 order to MY 18. He said they didn't expect to be able to order a MY 18 until late June/July, with delivery in early fall.

I've already had Audi Financial extend my lease end from December to March and I've been told they will not extend it again without a vehicle order submitted so I can't wait until July to place an order. I'll be on a roughly 5 month extension when my Q7 is delivered.

You might run into the same problem.
I call BS on that. The order banks opened in April 2016 for most carryover 2017 Audi models with production beginning in May. Delivery a few months after that. I think you could realistically expect to see a MY2018 in late July, early August. No one knows for sure yet of course, but a dealer would rather sell you a car sooner than later...
Old 01-16-2017, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Fall is usually the time when the new model year starts, so I'm guessing September deliveries
Old 01-16-2017, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
The Q7 MKII was released earlier in the cycle than most new models. I'm going to hazard a guess that the MY2018 will fall in line with the typical schedule of first release in mid-Summer with orders starting in May thereabouts. If so, I wouldn't expect the order guide to be published until then.
I agree, typically late summer / early fall for 18 release but it's all a guess but typically it's late summer / early fall.
Old 01-16-2017, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
I agree, typically late summer / early fall for 18 release but it's all a guess but typically it's late summer / early fall.
FWIW, I ordered my new '09 A4 in late May (first shipments of the new B8 chassis), delivered in mid-July. I ordered my new '13 A6 in late May, delivered July 5th (first MY2013 batch off the boat from Germany).
Old 01-16-2017, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

The US Q7 VIN number changed slightly to reflect the office change in model year production for all of Audi, it was in the last week of August 2016. I got my car in late September.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NeedQuattr0
Dealer has no info and are telling me they will be coming out at the end of the summer.
i was at the dealer this past friday and if ordered now i would get a 2017 with a mid to late may delivery. it appears at this time that there will be two years of 2017 vehicles. this makes me wonder what resale value will be and how it will be determined because 2017 models are already being sold used and 2017 are still being sold this year. i have been debating getting in now or just wait for the 2018 build just to have a better shot at retaining some more value. (i do not keep my vehicles very long and usually sell within a year so resale value plays a huge role but if you plan to keep for long term i see no difference at this point.)

Quick Reply: Order 2017 or 18 ?