Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Ordering Timeline - Factory/Production/Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering Timeline - Factory/Production/Delivery

Hello All,

My wife and I ordered a 2017 Q7 Prestige in late Dec '15 (right around 12/23/15). I signed up for the ACNA lifetime membership and the dealership indicated that they will honor the 6% discount. [I still haven't received any documentation from ACNA, but that is a separate question.]

Regarding timelines, we were initially told that we would get into the dealer's initial Jan '16 allotment and we'd hear more in the first week or two of January. As of 1/26, we are being told that our vehicle is in "factory" status and the next step is "production" status, which is 2-3 weeks away.

Does this jive with other people's experience, or is the dealer delaying me because I came in with the ACNA discount and the people paying full MSRP are getting orders placed ahead of me?

I haven't "ordered" a car from scratch before, so I have no idea the timelines involved. Given that I paid my deposit around 12/23/15, what is a reasonable time estimate for delivery of the car and the various milestone status' involved in the overall building and delivery phases.

TIA.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

10 weeks from time of order to delivery to the dealer, if there is not a matching car in their allotment. If it comes in sooner great, but that is what I ordered my last two cars from audi to coordinate with my lease end dates. One was 9 one was 11 (delay in carbon fiber interior)
Old 01-28-2016, 10:19 AM
mbr
AudiWorld Member

We ordered ours mid December and it is scheduled for production 8th week of 2016. Expect to have it end of March/early April.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mbr
We ordered ours mid December and it is scheduled for production 8th week of 2016. Expect to have it end of March/early April.
General question; which US port does Audi use for cars delivered in FL, from Emden?

Thanks.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Duh! Found the answer by looking at the vehicle sticker- Jacksonville.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Was told that Audi had a problem with all color(s) involving blue and was causing a slight delay. Anyone else hear this?
Old 01-29-2016, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BigMactuary
Hello All,

My wife and I ordered a 2017 Q7 Prestige in late Dec '15 (right around 12/23/15). I signed up for the ACNA lifetime membership and the dealership indicated that they will honor the 6% discount. [I still haven't received any documentation from ACNA, but that is a separate question.]

Regarding timelines, we were initially told that we would get into the dealer's initial Jan '16 allotment and we'd hear more in the first week or two of January. As of 1/26, we are being told that our vehicle is in "factory" status and the next step is "production" status, which is 2-3 weeks away.

Does this jive with other people's experience, or is the dealer delaying me because I came in with the ACNA discount and the people paying full MSRP are getting orders placed ahead of me?

I haven't "ordered" a car from scratch before, so I have no idea the timelines involved. Given that I paid my deposit around 12/23/15, what is a reasonable time estimate for delivery of the car and the various milestone status' involved in the overall building and delivery phases.

TIA.
Ask your dealer to send you a screenshot of your order. You should see the dates populated in there. I ordered mine 1/19/16 and I have production week of 1116.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Still Nada...

Ask of 2/15/16, we still don't have a build date. Put the deposit down on 12/24/15. Seem fishy to anyone? Don't want to be too impatient since I have never ordered a car before.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BigMactuary
Ask of 2/15/16, we still don't have a build date. Put the deposit down on 12/24/15. Seem fishy to anyone? Don't want to be too impatient since I have never ordered a car before.
Your dealer should be able to print out something like this. Ordered 1/26/16, production 8th week of 2016 with delivery early April.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Detail.pdf (79.7 KB, 2692 views)
Old 02-15-2016, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by pagla6
Your dealer should be able to print out something like this. Ordered 1/26/16, production 8th week of 2016 with delivery early April.
Thank you. That is the exact information that I was looking for. We have a similar sheet, but the dates are blank. We are asking the dealer if our order was passed over in January and we weren't notified.

I could be completely off base, but a part of me thinks that the dealer isn't taking the orders first come first serve and rather are putting MSRP orders in front of ACNA orders.

Quick Reply: Ordering Timeline - Factory/Production/Delivery