Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Photos of my new 2018 Q7 - Samurai Gray/Rock Gray/BOP

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Photos of my new 2018 Q7 - Samurai Gray/Rock Gray/BOP

Hi all,

We picked up our new 2018 Q7 a few days ago and wanted to share some photos. It's a custom order we placed back in early December 2017 with the following configuration
  • Samurai Gray exterior
  • Rock gray interior
  • Prestige package
  • Dynamic chassis
  • Black optic
  • Cold weather
  • Driving assistance
  • Night vision
This is a replacing our 2003 Honda Pilot that we also purchased new 15 years ago....so we are still getting used to all the newer tech. Obviously the driving experience is a tad better than the old Pilot . I also love the way this car looks in person, I can't stop walking out to the garage to sit and admire it. My only complaint with the car is the built in nav system as entering locations seems so clunky via voice or manual input but perhaps I'm missing something...we have been using Android Auto and Carplay for maps so it's a non-issue I guess. I just find that Google Assistant and Siri are so much better with navigation voice callouts. Hard to really complain about this car though, it's just awesome, I love it!

Anyway here are a few photos, I have a guy coming next week to tint the front glass to blend with the rear privacy glass

Last edited by Tiburblium; 04-16-2018 at 07:01 AM.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Old 04-16-2018, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks beautiful Are you planning to do any paint protection?
Old 04-16-2018, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Car looks awesome, congrats! 20% is an almost perfect match for tinting the fronts, just an fyi.
Attachment 105132
Old 04-16-2018, 06:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good man! I love my Sammy Gray as well.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

That looks really nice.

The lighting really makes the Rock Gray look much better than what I remember seeing in person.

What is the issue you're getting with Android Auto? Are you saying that you aren't getting the voice for turn by turn navigation? Once the map is loaded and giving directions, turn the MMI **** clockwise and it should start highlighting different icons. There is a speaker icon that you can toggle between three settings. One is for turn by turn, the other is to silence voice but only alert to changing the route or road conditions, and the other is to mute it completely.

If your phone is plugged in directly to the car with the cable, you don't even have to press the voice command button before saying a command. Just say "ok, Google" and your phone should pick it up and be ready for the command.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smacky
That looks really nice.

The lighting really makes the Rock Gray look much better than what I remember seeing in person.

What is the issue you're getting with Android Auto? Are you saying that you aren't getting the voice for turn by turn navigation? Once the map is loaded and giving directions, turn the MMI **** clockwise and it should start highlighting different icons. There is a speaker icon that you can toggle between three settings. One is for turn by turn, the other is to silence voice but only alert to changing the route or road conditions, and the other is to mute it completely.

If your phone is plugged in directly to the car with the cable, you don't even have to press the voice command button before saying a command. Just say "ok, Google" and your phone should pick it up and be ready for the command.
Thank you! When we picked the car up, it was the first time we had actually seen the color in person. we both love it.

Yeah, actually Android Auto and Carplay are both working great (I have Android, wife has iPhone), my complaint was with the built in Google Maps nav. We both just use the AA/CP interface now though so life is good

Originally Posted by gassermd
Looking good man! I love my Sammy Gray as well.
Thank you, yes, I can't stop walking out to the garage just to admire the car....hopefully I'll be able to stop after a few weeks

Originally Posted by djpeaksd
Car looks awesome, congrats! 20% is an almost perfect match for tinting the fronts, just an fyi.
Thank you, I will mention 20% to the guy, I was actually a bit surprised at how dark the factory privacy glass appears.

Originally Posted by anilx783
Looks beautiful Are you planning to do any paint protection?
Thanks, no aftermarket paint protection, it's something I had looked into but decided to just stick with the paint as it is from the factory. It's always garaged when not driven, and the paint on our 15 year old Honda still looks really good
Old 04-18-2018, 06:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by djpeaksd
Your white calipers are on point! Love them!

I went with a crush orange on my blacked out Q7. Gives it that little pop of color.