Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Piggyback tune report/review please

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Piggyback tune report/review please

Hi. I am tempted to get an actual tune, but frankly, have more comfort in adding a piggyback.

I have a Neuspeed Power Module (NPM) on a 2014 Q5 and had one on a 2016 A4 and the extra bump was satisfactory. Even though the 2014 Q5 is now out of warranty, I have no desire to replace the NPM with a tune.

So moving on - I know there are a few threads that include some information on piggybacks, but would appreciate if those that have either actually used or are currently using, could post up info specific to our Q7s.

Model year
Piggyback (specific make and model)
Best source to purchase
Brief review

Thank you kindly in advance!

The only ones I know of, which to me are unclear if they are officially applicable (to NA Q7s) are:

Chipwerke (pro, ultimate, ???)
Racechip (S, RS, Black, ???)

I'm looking to get the highest performance option of the most reliable piggyback without CELs.
Old 09-18-2019, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

I firstly purchased the Racechip Black, but got a CEL. Then I got the Chipwerke Ultimate ($750). It can only be purchased by phone order in the USA. After first installation, it took a few hours to sink in. You can definitely feel the difference. It'll give you a "Turbo" sensation, as the power increase is not instant, but does pull pretty hard once it kicks in. I've had it for about a year now and haven't had any issues. I've noticed the MPG increased (2-3) for casual driving. My Q7 is first generation build.
The following users liked this post:
dohturdima (09-18-2019)
Old 09-18-2019, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by itiongo
I firstly purchased the Racechip Black, but got a CEL. Then I got the Chipwerke Ultimate ($750). It can only be purchased by phone order in the USA. After first installation, it took a few hours to sink in. You can definitely feel the difference. It'll give you a "Turbo" sensation, as the power increase is not instant, but does pull pretty hard once it kicks in. I've had it for about a year now and haven't had any issues. I've noticed the MPG increased (2-3) for casual driving. My Q7 is first generation build.
Thanks for the info.

I recently heard Burger is planning on releasing a JB4 (this November). If this happens, I'll be jumping all over it. If not - I may try another and sounds like Chipwerke Ultimate is the way to go.
Old 12-26-2019, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by samps
Thanks for the info.

I recently heard Burger is planning on releasing a JB4 (this November). If this happens, I'll be jumping all over it. If not - I may try another and sounds like Chipwerke Ultimate is the way to go.
Has anyone heard of an update on when jb4 will be available?