Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Plus-Invoice Deal - Extra Fees?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 06:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
If you ask the dealer to print you their invoice they should if you agreed to pay the price on it.
I asked for this a couple of times (once when placing the order, and another when production had completed and it was waiting for a ship). The second time, my salesperson told me that they don't have it 'yet' and we'll have to wait until after it reaches port.

Frankly, my sales rep has been good along the way. I was irritated about 2 things throughout the process - #1 the order getting pushed back to a March delivery due to Black Optic (which I dropped to pull it back to November) and the surprise invoice fees mentioned in my original post. The delivery date he could not control and was helpful to resolve. With the extra fees on the invoice, he could/should have been more forthcoming about them.

After I go through the finalization process today if I have a smooth process, I'll walk away with around $550 less in my wallet than I thought I would and an overall favorable impression of the person I worked with. Because of some luck on my part , I still got a nice deal on a vehicle I'm very excited to be driving as of today.

If Audi could improve their order lead times, I think that would be good though. 4 months is a long time to wait for an obsessive personality like mine
Old 11-11-2016, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

I find it incredibly hard to believe that they wouldn't be able to at least tell you the invoice price at the time you agreed to the deal. Agree that $550 is not much on a $60k+ car and it's great that you got a good deal, but your dealer/sales rep's actions here seem a touch shady to me.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by beefcake`
I asked for this a couple of times (once when placing the order, and another when production had completed and it was waiting for a ship). The second time, my salesperson told me that they don't have it 'yet' and we'll have to wait until after it reaches port.

Frankly, my sales rep has been good along the way. I was irritated about 2 things throughout the process - #1 the order getting pushed back to a March delivery due to Black Optic (which I dropped to pull it back to November) and the surprise invoice fees mentioned in my original post. The delivery date he could not control and was helpful to resolve. With the extra fees on the invoice, he could/should have been more forthcoming about them.

After I go through the finalization process today if I have a smooth process, I'll walk away with around $550 less in my wallet than I thought I would and an overall favorable impression of the person I worked with. Because of some luck on my part , I still got a nice deal on a vehicle I'm very excited to be driving as of today.

If Audi could improve their order lead times, I think that would be good though. 4 months is a long time to wait for an obsessive personality like mine
It is true that an invoice is not available until after the vehicle is at port. To avoid this, we normally just do our pricing as a percentage off. Those fees are real though, so they are being truthful with you.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

I got mine on a family plan at invoice and the salesman and sales manage told me about these fees when i ordered. I think a little over 500. So they was upfront with me about it, which i questioned at first. I also emailed Audi Corporate and very pleasant personal response, which she explained it to me also.
Old 11-19-2016, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Doc fees are a way for dealerships to pad the extra profit on a sale.

Certain states have laws against doc fees. Some states are more consumer-friendly (like CA) and have laws limiting doc fees to $80 (may be up to 90 now). In neighboring states like AZ, there are no such laws and they are charging upwards of 400-510 bucks.

I have never seen a DAG fee disclosed. I usually negotiate a price off MSRP, and expect that same price to be on the invoice form when I buy. I also expect the DOC fee to be on there, sales tax, and registration fees. That's it. One dealer had a separate column charging 500 for two windows to be tinted and I requested that be removed and they complied.

As for invoice price, the standard invoice price should be available using TrueCar and building your own vehicle with the exact equipment your car will have, they do show you the invoice price there.

At the end of the day, some dealers want to make a cleaner sale and others are just pure shady...the shady-ness comes early on and usually you can filter those dealerships out early and get one from a more civilized one.
Old 11-19-2016, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

You don't even have to go online to figure Audi invoice cost. Just subtract the freight, take 7% off the sticker list price of the car and factory accessories and add the freight back in. Easy.