Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Pre sense error

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Pre sense error

Have a 2018 Prestige with DAP andagoingandround town a pre sense error popped up tellite me it wad unavailable and contact dealer for service, and trafftr jam assist would not work.

However turning car on and off seems to have fixed it.

Thoughts?
Old 02-17-2018, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hitchens97
Have a 2018 Prestige with DAP andagoingandround town a pre sense error popped up tellite me it wad unavailable and contact dealer for service, and trafftr jam assist would not work.

However turning car on and off seems to have fixed it.

Thoughts?
Same exact thing happened to me yesterday. Just checked the warning messages in Audi connect and there were none. Odd.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Driving in falling snow/ice/rain today I got the message that presense is not fully available. But then again, there is snow stuck on the entire front end!!
Old 02-17-2018, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Family member had this same message pop up today as well. I thought it was just a normal warning since there was snow on the ground and the sensors may not be able to pick up the road lines if snow is covering it.

Usually when I drive at night, it also tends to go off, but I don't get an error message saying so; the indicator on the HUD or VC just goes white instead of green.

But seems like the snowfall today, although light, triggered it for all of us getting snow? We had 10 inches last week and didn't see that error message.
Old 02-17-2018, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It wasn't snowing for me. Odd that these all happened at the same time. Has there been a software update we don't know about?

Last edited by Spaceframe; 02-17-2018 at 04:33 PM.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might have been. I drove the car myself just now and noticed that I would intermittently feel as if something light was being dragged under the car. It would come and go during a 7 mile round trip but it was odd. I checked underneath the car and saw nothing. But still, I would feel the wheels coming to some resistance through the steering wheel.

Might not be related to the pre sense issue, but it definitely popped up today. Maybe the brakes apply lightly to squeeze off water from the rotors? It is wet now and the snow has stopped, but I hadn't felt that before in 2 months of ownership and driving through a few inches of snow just last week.
Old 02-17-2018, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The fact that it's all popping up for us in last 24 hours is interesting
Old 02-17-2018, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Quite interesting. I will take my car out tomorrow and revert with my findings. Hoping its just snow/weather related and not a software bug.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I got a different message last week. I got something like Audi Pre Sense is currently limited. After a restart, it went away but I've still been wondering what it was all about since weather in San Diego has been nothing but fine.
Old 02-18-2018, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by smacky
Family member had this same message pop up today as well. I thought it was just a normal warning since there was snow on the ground and the sensors may not be able to pick up the road lines if snow is covering it.

Usually when I drive at night, it also tends to go off, but I don't get an error message saying so; the indicator on the HUD or VC just goes white instead of green.

But seems like the snowfall today, although light, triggered it for all of us getting snow? We had 10 inches last week and didn't see that error message.
By indicator, do you mean the two parallel lines in the display? If so, you are talking about Lane Assist, not Pre Sense. Two completely different things. Same with your 2nd post. If you are feeling steering inputs "fighting" you, that is Lane Assist doing it's job. The parallel lines turn green when it's active and white when it can't detect the lane markings. Push the button on the end of the turn signal stalk to disable it (the parallel lines will disappear).

Pre Sense is the feature that applies the brakes when there's an impending collision sensed. There are no indications on the dash for it until it activates when an impending collision is sensed (bing bing and large yellow or red triangle warning), or if there's a fault. The OP is talking about a Pre Sense fault. You can get that message when the sensors are blocked by snow, ice or mud. If you get the Pre Sense error message in clear conditions, it's probably time to have the dealer take a look at it.

Quick Reply: Pre sense error