Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

q5 -> q7

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We just got the new Q7 and love the ride but having lots of problems with it so its in the shop. We have the Q5 as a loaner and I have to say the interior is very cheap and also there are so many rattles when the door closes, etc. Really disappointed with the Q5, hope my Q7 doesn't feel like that after a few k miles.
Old 06-08-2016, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by crownroyal
We just got the new Q7 and love the ride but having lots of problems with it so its in the shop. We have the Q5 as a loaner and I have to say the interior is very cheap and also there are so many rattles when the door closes, etc. Really disappointed with the Q5, hope my Q7 doesn't feel like that after a few k miles.
So, what are the "lots of problems with it..."?
Old 06-08-2016, 09:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zekeman
So, what are the "lots of problems with it..."?
I am curious too.

Is sunroof issue one of them? Thanks.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to hijack this post... but just got my new Q7 yesterday.. I have been driving a Q3 for almost 2 years now.. the differences between the two is very pronounced...
- Q7 drives smoother, quieter.. I could barely notice I am already 15-20 miles over the speed limit..
- Q7 interior screams elegance.. not the Q3 is not..
- Q7 mmi screen.. that google earth.. wow!

- The black Q3 sitting side by side the white Q7 is like Ebony and Ivory .. a piano keyboard..

Anyhow, too many to mention..
Old 06-10-2016, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by discogone
I am curious too.

Is sunroof issue one of them? Thanks.

We haven't had it long enough to even try the sunroof. We had problems the day we got it. They had to replace a control module because one of the yellow lights in the front wouldn't come on. Then we had to return it because the keyless entry wouldn't work. Homelink wouldn't program, and the trunk wouldn't open using the remote. We got the car on 31 May and we have had it for 3 days. Its in the shop right now and waiting for another control module from Audi.

On a side note. Anyone else having an issue with the windshield. Whenever I am making a turn I notice when I am looking through the passenger side of the windshield there are ripples or some kind of defect in the windshield. Almost like you are looking through polarized lenses in some cars... problem is it looks like that without wearing sunglasses. I told the service manager and he noticed it also but he is telling me that the other Q7's have the same thing.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by crownroyal
We haven't had it long enough to even try the sunroof. We had problems the day we got it. They had to replace a control module because one of the yellow lights in the front wouldn't come on. Then we had to return it because the keyless entry wouldn't work. Homelink wouldn't program, and the trunk wouldn't open using the remote. We got the car on 31 May and we have had it for 3 days. Its in the shop right now and waiting for another control module from Audi.

On a side note. Anyone else having an issue with the windshield. Whenever I am making a turn I notice when I am looking through the passenger side of the windshield there are ripples or some kind of defect in the windshield. Almost like you are looking through polarized lenses in some cars... problem is it looks like that without wearing sunglasses. I told the service manager and he noticed it also but he is telling me that the other Q7's have the same thing.
Laminated windows?