Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Q7 2019 Technik seats/mirrors/steering wheel memory

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Q7 2019 Technik seats/mirrors/steering wheel memory

Hi everyone,

Before I drive myself further down the road to insanity, I figured I'd ask the question. Coming from an MDX, I am used to car sets and mirrors resetting to my position after my wife drives my car. She's taken the new Audi out a couple of times now, and I find myself having to hold down the 1 memory button to get stuff to move. In the MMI, I've turned on the store position in key fob, then pressed 'Set' and '1' on the door, gotten out, locked the door with my fob to save the setting, gotten back in, started it up, moved the seat, turned off the "save setting", gotten back out, locked it, and unlocked it and the seats don't move.

I've found guides on the internet for how to do it that I think I'm following properly...but no joy. What am I missing? Car is a 2019 Q7 Technik with comfort front seats, S-line package.

Thanks

Last edited by JV23; 04-12-2019 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Edited to add more model info
Old 04-12-2019, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My wife and I have a 2018 Technik and the seats / mirrors / wheel adjust automatically based upon the key that is sensed. Something with yours is wrong. We previously had an MDX, and the Q7 works the same except that everything starts to move as soon as the driver's door is opened rather than when the key is inserted, like it was with our MDX.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks, good to know what it should be doing. Wonder if it has something to do with the remote starter- that has the good bits from a third fob (actually I think they destroyed the original Fob 1) to do it.
Old 04-13-2019, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JV23
Thanks, good to know what it should be doing. Wonder if it has something to do with the remote starter- that has the good bits from a third fob (actually I think they destroyed the original Fob 1) to do it.
If I remember correctly, The fob will remember the last seat position saved. If you adjusted your seat after you saved your position to the seat memory 1, then used the fob to lock the car, then that is the position it saves. Try this. Set your seat to you seat memory position (1). Lock the door. Go get your wife's key fob and open the door. Seat and steering whell should move to her last position. Lock the car with her fob. Open the door with your fob. Should move to your seat memory position, which is the last save position in your fob.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Eureka! I have seat movement, thanks. Had to wait for the other fob to return (with my wife) from a dance competition to try it. I wonder what happens now if I turn off the save position to fob in seat settings. Hopefully it will just remember the last set position. Tomorrow’s experiment- but at least I know it works now.