Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Q7 model cycle (MY2020)

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiFanFL
Well, the remote-start is a new feature on the X5/X7 but THAT would be a huge surprise on the Audi. Another interesting feature on the BMWs are heated and cooled cupholders and heated armrests. The X5 also features a power cargo-cover. I believe that is already an option in Europe on the current Q7.

Remote-start aside, you can also use BMW's mobile app to access the 360 degree surround view on your mobile device so you can remotely "look" at your vehicle. BMW has a "road preview"-feature that uses a camera to adjust the suspension based on the road ahead. The Lincoln Aviator will get that, too.
The X7 also has power rear window shades. There is a "display-key" which basically is the BMW-app in a car-key with a display and touch-screen. The LED-illuminated sunroof is cool-looking, too. Gesture control is another new feature.

The rear entertainment system is completely integrated. This is where Audi needs to improve and with the new MMI, I hope they will. On the BMWs, you can get all kinds of system-info on the rear-screens (incl. navigation). The BMWs also have laser-headlights but based on early shots of MY20, the Q7 will get those, too.
I have to say the cargo cover on the Q7 is cumbersome. I always feel like I’m scratching up the plastic to get it fitted. Also headlights that follow curves have been standard in most other cars this price for years. Used to be available on Audis but they dropped them when they went to LED.
Old 01-21-2019, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Oh, and it's basically confirmed that for MY20, there will be a Plug-in Hybrid X5. Now, THAT's what I would love to see on the Q7, too. That way, Audi could offer a factory remote-starter running on the electric engine, making it legal in Europe, too...
Old 01-21-2019, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Corgiman

I have to say the cargo cover on the Q7 is cumbersome. I always feel like I’m scratching up the plastic to get it fitted. Also headlights that follow curves have been standard in most other cars this price for years. Used to be available on Audis but they dropped them when they went to LED.
+1...I am pondering ordering ths again because of this.
Old 01-21-2019, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RJC 1
+1...I am pondering ordering ths again because of this.
In the grande scheme of things this would be a minor issue for me. Most streets around where I live are pretty straight and well lit. But I could see how it would be a lot more important if you regularly drove dark, rural roads with lots of curves, and deer or other animals to watch out for. But for my situation, if I had to choose one or the other, the automatic "high beam assistant" is more useful.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by JBaumgart
In the grande scheme of things this would be a minor issue for me. Most streets around where I live are pretty straight and well lit. But I could see how it would be a lot more important if you regularly drove dark, rural roads with lots of curves, and deer or other animals to watch out for. But for my situation, if I had to choose one or the other, the automatic "high beam assistant" is more useful.
Not a safety thing for us, the wifey likes it to help keep groceries etc out of the sun..we're in S FL and the summer sun is brutal.

Corgiman is right, even being careful you cant help but scratch the sides...Q8 has a much better design.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RJC 1
Not a safety thing for us, the wifey likes it to help keep groceries etc out of the sun..we're in S FL and the summer sun is brutal.
If it were me I think I would temporarily minimize the potential damage done by the hot S FL sun by storing groceries in a good cooler, with ice as necessary. Here in Minnesota this time of year we have to worry about the opposite happening, like items that are not supposed to freeze being exposed to prolonged sub-freezing temps. No ice necessary!
Old 01-21-2019, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

If it were me I think I would temporarily minimize the potential damage done by the hot S FL sun by storing groceries in a good cooler, with ice as necessary. Here in Minnesota this time of year we have to worry about the opposite happening, like items that are not supposed to freeze being exposed to prolonged sub-freezing temps. No ice necessary!
Between the 4 zone ac, window blinds and cargo cover it's all good. Was in Minnesota during the winter years back..it was bone chilling
Old 01-22-2019, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

For me it’s more about security and hiding what’s in the back.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Corgiman

This is my biggest pet peeve with this car. But the other day I had a new BMW X1 loaner while while my BMW was getting work done, and it had the LED headlights. I dont remember them swirling like my Xenons either. I think LEDs have just started to turn on and off diodes based on your turning angles, versus actually swiveling the whole lamp assembly. So, I think the smoothness of swiveling lights is going away everywhere.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKutta
This is my biggest pet peeve with this car. But the other day I had a new BMW X1 loaner while while my BMW was getting work done, and it had the LED headlights. I dont remember them swirling like my Xenons either. I think LEDs have just started to turn on and off diodes based on your turning angles, versus actually swiveling the whole lamp assembly. So, I think the smoothness of swiveling lights is going away everywhere.
this is correct

Quick Reply: Q7 model cycle (MY2020)