Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Q7 Tiptronic 2018 - Jerking Issue & Changing to Neutral mode while running

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q7 Tiptronic 2018 - Jerking Issue & Changing to Neutral mode while running

Hi All,

Last year I owned a new Audi Q7 Tiptronic 2018 Model. I have few issues since I bought the car.

1. Jerking/vibrating after Auto start

2. The car is going to Neutral mode if we are not accelerating while running. If we touch the accelerator, the gear number will show in the meter. Is this a common problem?

The Audi technician informed that both are normal for Audi Q7 models

Cheers
Anish
Old 05-23-2019, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by anishk06
Hi All,

Last year I owned a new Audi Q7 Tiptronic 2018 Model. I have few issues since I bought the car.

2. The car is going to Neutral mode if we are not accelerating while running. If we touch the accelerator, the gear number will show in the meter. Is this a common problem?

Cheers
Anish

Take the SA rep for a short ride and give him a coffee mug with hot coffee from the waiting room to hold as you do so and try and recreate the problem. If it happens on the test drive, ask him if it's normal.
Old 05-23-2019, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Hi All,

Cheers
Anish
1. what do you mean? Do you feel the engine starting up, or is it some violent shaking? If you feel the engine starting up and a slight rumble, thats normal
2. I'm not clear what exactly you mean. So you are coasting along with your foot on the gas pedal, and the transmission slips into neutral? Then when you accelerate, the transmission slips into gear (which one?)? Why do numbers show in the meter? Can you record this issue and post it here?
Old 05-23-2019, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi All,

Cheers
Anish
Are you in US?
We don't see gear number in US version. It only shows D or S when the car is running.
Old 05-23-2019, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BigKutta
1. what do you mean? Do you feel the engine starting up, or is it some violent shaking? If you feel the engine starting up and a slight rumble, thats normal
2. I'm not clear what exactly you mean. So you are coasting along with your foot on the gas pedal, and the transmission slips into neutral? Then when you accelerate, the transmission slips into gear (which one?)? Why do numbers show in the meter? Can you record this issue and post it here?
Yes, it is a violent shaking or like jerking or I can say some slipping. This is happening ONLY on auto stop mode. If the auto stop mode activated and the engine stop at a signal then we accelerate the engine start and feel this jerking/shaking/slipping for a second and will run as normal. Can say this is very strange.This will not get at any other operation like manual start or at any other time.

2. Attached video of the transmission. You can see that the car is running at Gear 5 and I am not touching the accelerator pedal, at some point of time the gear number disappeared from the meter and running on neutral mode. If we touch the brake or accelerator suddenly the number will appear.
Attached Files
File Type: mpeg
My Movie.mpeg (3.63 MB, 90 views)
Old 05-23-2019, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

No, I am in Australia. Here the gear number is showing along the the D or S
Old 05-23-2019, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jet963
Are you in US?
We don't see gear number in US version. It only shows D or S when the car is running.
No, I am in Australia. Here the gear number is showing along the the D or S
Old 05-23-2019, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by smacky
Take the SA rep for a short ride and give him a coffee mug with hot coffee from the waiting room to hold as you do so and try and recreate the problem. If it happens on the test drive, ask him if it's normal.
Finally I did that, he said this is a strange issue
Old 05-23-2019, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Yeah, that is wierd. And not normal. Seems like some kind of tranny issues. Get it fixed asap
Old 05-23-2019, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BigKutta
Yeah, that is wierd. And not normal. Seems like some kind of tranny issues. Get it fixed asap
Which one you mean? Both issues are weird or just the first one?

Quick Reply: Q7 Tiptronic 2018 - Jerking Issue & Changing to Neutral mode while running