Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Q7 vs. X7?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2024, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,187 Likes on 925 Posts

Originally Posted by keg97
This has been rumored for years now it feels like. I'm sliding into the "I'll believe it when I see it" category.

Having said that, it is a market Audi needs to slide into. When we looked, there was only the X7 and the GLS in this category. Otherwise you were in the truck-based stuff like an Escalade or Navigator. It does say something when Lexus is sliding into this market with that TX or whatever the big RX is being called. There is definitely a market for a CUV-based XL premium vehicle from Audi.
exactly why I went with a TX. didn't want body on frame and wanted something priced significantly less than a GLS or an X7. Escalade, Navigator, etc. are so huge and miserable to park. terrible MPG as well.

Originally Posted by StroQ7
Well. Thanks for all the input. We test drove the X7. 92K MSRP with 2K discount. Not as many options included in the X7 as a Q7 Prestige. The wife and I did not experience a wow factor driving it. Drove the 2023 Q7 Prestige and it just felt more luxurious with all the options including Auto suspension coming in at under 81K! We are in Love with our new Q7! Plus our Audi dealership experience was Head and Shoulders above our experience at BMW!! 👍🏼

congrats. what other options is it equipped with? the last prestige Q7 I test drove which was a 24 was 91k but also had the luxury package...
The following users liked this post:
keg97 (03-05-2024)
Old 03-05-2024, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Might want to consider looking into Lincoln. We went from a 2017 Q7 Prestige to a 2020 Lincoln Aviator after the Audi burned a valve. The Aviator is amazing. The Q7 handled better and more sporty but the Aviator will blow it away In acceleration with its 400 hp twin turbo V6. Exhaust on Audi sounds better. Of course get rid of both when the warranty runs out. Very expensive to fix and they depreciate quickly so might cost more to fix if it’s out of warranty than the vehicle is worth. Aviator refresh is coming soon. You can see some of the new changes in the facelifted Nautilus that just came out. Gunar