Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Question about Michelin Wiper Blades from Costco

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Question about Michelin Wiper Blades from Costco

I swapped my OEM wiper blades with Trico blades, and it was time to swap them again but since I wasn't too happy with tricos, so picked up a pair of Michelin wiper blades from Costco.
It came with 3 different brackets/adapters and non of them fit our wiper blade arms. Does anyone know if we are supposed to use the piece that came with Trico blades in order to make Michelins work?

I returned them since then but I realized maybe I had discarded something that was already on the arm in order to make it work with Tricos last year, and now I can't use any other blade? If anyone made them work, I can pick them up again, the prices is supposed to drop back to like $6 per blade this week.

https://us.michelin-lifestyle.com/en...o-wiper-blades
Old 03-11-2019, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

I got those to work on a Q7 a while back. Sorry I don't remember the details of which "universal" parts to use, but they do work.
Old 03-11-2019, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Michelin wipers from Costco do work on Q7. I tried them on mine two years ago, but they were noisy so I swapped back to the OEM ones.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thank you both, I will give them another try.
I didn't have much luck with OEM or Tricos. I don't know why I am having so much problem with the windshield. Nothing I tried is working, I figured I'll try these and see how well they do.
Tricos were really loud at first too, not while wiping but when they make a stop at either end of the wipe they would rattle. Over time they got quieter.
Old 03-12-2019, 04:23 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
Thank you both, I will give them another try.
I didn't have much luck with OEM or Tricos. I don't know why I am having so much problem with the windshield. Nothing I tried is working, I figured I'll try these and see how well they do.
Tricos were really loud at first too, not while wiping but when they make a stop at either end of the wipe they would rattle. Over time they got quieter.
It's crazy that you're still having issues, it's been a long time.. The Tricos I recommended to you that I installed on our Q7 worked great for over a year, never once did they make noise and cleared great. I recently replaced them with another set only because I felt it was time, still no noise.. I put a set on my Allroad a little over a month ago and they have also been great so far.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

JT it's been a very long time and I am still trying everything I can. One thing that seems to help is if I use the defroster at full blast and warm the windshield, it seems to work slightly better and prevent smearing/streaking.
I am assuming something is wrong with my wiper arms, perhaps they are not putting enough pressure on the glass.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been using the Trico on my windshield and rear for now almost a year. So far they have been streak and stutter free, in fact much better than the OEM.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

People who have changed their blades from OEM Bosch to something else, did OEM end up being a better performer? Maybe the issues we're having isn't the blade and something else but I have been looking at the reviews for blades and Bosch constantly comes in at the top, or near it. For all makes and models. Even the SA at our MB dealership said to just stick with Bosch for our two MBs and that the others just weren't as good.

Our whole household, 5 cars all German, use Bosch wipers. It's just the Q7 that seems to have some odd staining on the windshield since it was purchased that mugs up the driver's side. And it's really not an issue until the night time and when it's wet outside and then oncoming headlights really mess with the vision sometimes.

I've been looking to change the blades since its been 15 months of ownership with the car but I stop and think that maybe its something with the windshield instead.
Old 03-16-2019, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Here is an update, I bought them again and this time I opened the 20" one first, then I realized 26" is missing the P5 that Michelin suggests to use in order to make it fit, and 20" comes with it.
Did you guys go with 26" as suggested or did you get a different size? Here is what comes in each wiper:

Old 03-16-2019, 04:08 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

I have used these blades on my Q7s and S5s over the years. I never liked the way the adapter sticks up too high. Now I just have the dealer replace at the 2-year interval service.

Quick Reply: Question about Michelin Wiper Blades from Costco