Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Recall: Fuel Rail

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had the rails replace today, plus the new front brake pads under the TSB and new hearing element for rear passenger seat. No fuel smell. All working well.
Old 03-29-2019, 03:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I'm a brand new poster...because I'm a brand new owner, first Audi with a less than stellar experience so far...they still have my car, 2 weeks later now. I've owned the car a month now and got to drive it 3 days. I'm sure it is a dealer issue since the CPO inspection failed to notice several bolts that hold the front bumper on missing, along with a few other noticeable items not brought up to standard as listed in the CPO checklist. We also discovered personal items hidden throughout the car from the previous owner after delivery. All has been taken up with AoA.
Originally Posted by BigKutta
A little overreaction here folks. Many of us have had our recall done just recently and have had no issues, and this is a brand new poster. Poster states that the vehicle was flawless and he even drove it for days before buying, so how was anyone being deceptive? And the recall has just come out in recent weeks. I'm sure a tech screwed up the recall, but that happens. Take it back, get it fixed
Old 03-29-2019, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by skymasterztl
Yes I'm a brand new poster...because I'm a brand new owner, first Audi with a less than stellar experience so far...they still have my car, 2 weeks later now. I've owned the car a month now and got to drive it 3 days. I'm sure it is a dealer issue since the CPO inspection failed to notice several bolts that hold the front bumper on missing, along with a few other noticeable items not brought up to standard as listed in the CPO checklist. We also discovered personal items hidden throughout the car from the previous owner after delivery. All has been taken up with AoA.
Sounds like the vehicle may have been involved in an accident, if the carfax is clean the previous owner may have had a less than reputable repair and did not report (this may also explain the missing bumper bolts).
Old 03-29-2019, 04:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RJC 1
Sounds like the vehicle may have been involved in an accident, if the carfax is clean the previous owner may have had a less than reputable repair and did not report (this may also explain the missing bumper bolts).
Thanks, this is actually a very good explanation. It has a clean carfax with one local owner that bought it in my hometown and traded it back in here. I think the front lower passenger fender was removed and painted. Someone literally left all (9) fastener clips off underneath. I really hope they didn't actually hit something while parking, the car has a multiple cameras and sensors. Totally unrelated, there was a Korean children's CD in the player when we turned it on.
Old 03-30-2019, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Got the recall service done. The interesting part was I got a 2019 Audi A7 Sportline as the loaner car. As the dealership had more cars in queue for recall repair, I was able to drive the A7 for two days! What a great car!!... enjoyed it
Old 03-30-2019, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by bilalmunir919
Got recall done today. Now noticing strong fuel smell coming from car. Never had this before. Dealer told me some degree of fuel smell is expected after fuel rails change. Did anyone of you guys have this issue?
I didn't get any fuel smell but there was a smell similar to a very hot pan or something like that.. but now I am not getting that smell.
Old 03-30-2019, 06:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Barely minimum smell now. Guess they were unable to collet all fuel as dealer said this recall repair is a messy one.
Old 03-31-2019, 04:09 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Had my recall done last Thursday so far so good... Didn't realize the amount of work that was going to be involved.. Just glad it's done.
Old 03-31-2019, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by skymasterztl
I was referring to the overreaction to the one bad story (yours). Obviously it seems your car had other issues going on that were undisclosed. Most of the fuel rail recalls have been performed well
Old 03-31-2019, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by SATQ7
Got the recall service done. The interesting part was I got a 2019 Audi A7 Sportline as the loaner car. As the dealership had more cars in queue for recall repair, I was able to drive the A7 for two days! What a great car!!... enjoyed it
I got an 19 A6. It drove very and had good power.

Quick Reply: Recall: Fuel Rail