Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Removing Audi Beam Door Lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2019, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Removing Audi Beam Door Lights

Hi All - First post, I've been lurking for a few months and pulled the trigger on a Q7 last weekend. The car came w/ Audi Beam door lights, which just aren't my thing, and despite turning off entry lighting I can't figure out how to disable them. So, how much work is it to change the lenses back to just normal, and does anyone have the part # handy?

Thanks!

The happy family:

The following users liked this post:
calculi (12-17-2019)
Old 06-01-2019, 05:48 AM
mbs
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I can't answer your question, but I agree with you. They never fail to get a "what's wrong with you for getting those?" sort of response whenever someone sees them. But, every single vehicle on the Audi lot had the rings option. $420 MSRP.
Old 06-01-2019, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

They’re super easy to change out. You just pop them out with a screwdriver and unplug. Several threads about it on here.
Old 06-01-2019, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 68 Posts

My car came without these, and I bought them (and like them). They were installed by a stereo shop but I was told these ring modules plug right in - so you should be able to pop them out.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Not clear on what folks are talking about exactly. I know what these are and mine (now at sea) has them. I rather like the illumination. Good if you set something down or drop something or for less than perfect footing.

What I am not clear on is whether removing them would still leave you with ground illumination (just not the rings) or whether they would just go dark. If the former, fine. If the latter, it sounds like a bad idea.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Astropup
Not clear on what folks are talking about exactly. I know what these are and mine (now at sea) has them. I rather like the illumination. Good if you set something down or drop something or for less than perfect footing.

What I am not clear on is whether removing them would still leave you with ground illumination (just not the rings) or whether they would just go dark. If the former, fine. If the latter, it sounds like a bad idea.
You can get just a regular light with no logo (which is standard).
Old 06-01-2019, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Super easy to swap them out. You can get regular regular lights.
Old 06-01-2019, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MoInEd
Super easy to swap them out. You can get regular regular lights.

OK, so you are swapping lights you already paid for and buying new ones. Got it.
Old 06-01-2019, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love them. Get compliments on them all the time. I see nothing garish about them.
Old 06-01-2019, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by CountLaszlo
I love them. Get compliments on them all the time. I see nothing garish about them.
I agree but different tastes, I guess. For me it is just the illumination and do not care that much what shape it takes. The one that we are getting had the other more important options that we wanted and had them, otherwise plain would have been fine too.

Quick Reply: Removing Audi Beam Door Lights