Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Ringer Volume on Max after Bluetooth Pairing

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 08:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ringer Volume on Max after Bluetooth Pairing

Has anyone else experienced their phone ringer volume automatically going from a low/normal level to max after a ride in your Q7? I have a 2019 and have paired my iPhone 11 Pro. I typically have it on the lowest ringer volume but every time I get in the car and it pairs via Bluetooth the ringer volume adjusts to max level...without me touching it, or even using Car Play or streaming music. I have not experienced this with any other car nor does it happen with my daughters A3. It is the weirdest thing!
Old 03-12-2020, 02:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, happens every time with my android S7 phone. Very annoying message pops up on my phone and I just say OK and go from there.
Old 03-12-2020, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Have you tried lowering setting while it is connected to the car? Volume settings change deepening on the audio output connected. Resetting it while connect may stop this from happening.
The following users liked this post:
jtjbt20x (03-12-2020)
Old 03-12-2020, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the suggestion RickObe, yes I've tried lowering the volume via the phone when I get the loud volume warning but the phone won't allow the volume to lower, but I'll try the MMI volume next time to see if that works.
Old 03-12-2020, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RickObe - tried changing the volume while paired, it repeatedly reverted back to max once the phone was locked...so strange.
RickObe (03-13-2020)
Old 03-13-2020, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I'll even lower the volume while connected and as I'm lowering the ringer, it's frantically trying to raise itself back up to max. Latest iPhone here. Drives me nucking futz!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2020, 03:36 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by Jailor
Has anyone else experienced their phone ringer volume automatically going from a low/normal level to max after a ride in your Q7?
No
Old 03-14-2020, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

No.
Old 03-14-2020, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jailor
Has anyone else experienced their phone ringer volume automatically going from a low/normal level to max after a ride in your Q7?
Yes, it happens every time. It also changes morning alarm volume as well.
Old 03-15-2020, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 74 Likes on 54 Posts

My answer is "No", but I'm taking a guess here as to why. Go to settings -> Sounds&Haptics and see if your "Ringer and Alerts" volume bar has the "Change with Buttons" selected. Mine is NOT selected, and I'm guessing yours is. My phone side volume buttons therefore change the media volume, rather than the ringer volume, and I HAVE noticed that when my phone connects to bluetooth the little volume bar shows up on the side, and goes to max. I'm assuming that if the "Change with buttons" thing was ticked on, the ringer volume would be at max.
If I'm right, unchecking that box will fix the issue...as long as you don't routinely change your ringer volume with your side buttons. The switch will still send your ringer to mute, of course, so that's all I use on occasion.
Jailor (03-15-2020)

Quick Reply: Ringer Volume on Max after Bluetooth Pairing