Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Samurai Gray Q7 Just Arrived at USA Dealer - Pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Samurai Gray Q7 Just Arrived at USA Dealer - Pics

This car was special ordered, just arrived today. Not what I expected, going to stick with Silver for my order
Attached Thumbnails Samurai Gray Q7 Just Arrived at USA Dealer - Pics-sg1.jpg   Samurai Gray Q7 Just Arrived at USA Dealer - Pics-sg2.jpg   Samurai Gray Q7 Just Arrived at USA Dealer - Pics-sg3.jpg   Samurai Gray Q7 Just Arrived at USA Dealer - Pics-sg6.jpg  
Old 01-29-2018, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hmm. Looks interesting. I bet it changes based off the lighting. In this lighting it appears to be brownish, which I'm not a fan of.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That looks very brown in the picture. I thought the prior grey had a slight brown tint it in also, but this new grey takes the brown to a whole new level. I'm not sure why Audi doesn't just make a regular grey and a regular blue but instead has this brownish grey and a blue that looks half green.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by drive4fun
That looks very brown in the picture. I thought the prior grey had a slight brown tint it in also, but this new grey takes the brown to a whole new level. I'm not sure why Audi doesn't just make a regular grey and a regular blue but instead has this brownish grey and a blue that looks half green.
I 100% agree. With the addition of Samurai Gray, they now have what, 3 brown color choices on the Q7??? And, what was wrong with ink blue and graphite!? They looked fantastic! I saw a Galaxy Blue Q7 at the dealer the other day, and I just don't understand why Audi cannot produce normal colors.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Is it seriously as brown as the pics suggest?
Old 01-29-2018, 05:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay, and from the "everyone has an opinion" file, I think this color rocks and like it way better than graphite gray (which I thought was just a bit too bland for the Q7 given its conservative lines). I will be curious to hear what people who get to see it in person say about the color - and how much brown is in it. I would also love to see a picture of one of these early Samurai Gray vehicles next to a Graphite Gray. I think that would fill in a lot of the story as to how this is going to look in different lighting. In any event, nice to see the new colors starting to show up.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like these pics were taken with the sun pretty low which makes me wonder if that gives a slightly browner glare? Would be great to see pics at midday. My order is still a week out from even being at production completion... so definitely an exercise in patience! LOL. Good to see the cars finally hitting the US.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

I don't think it's bad, just disappointed based on the configurator.
Old 01-29-2018, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
I don't think it's bad, just disappointed based on the configurator.
Me too. Based off the configurator it appeared to have more of a "battle ship gray" undertone to it. Now, I can't officially say how I feel as I haven't seen it in person. Symawd, when you get yours in, I trust you will really capture the personality of the color in different lights, and post on here, similar to how you did for the galaxy blue Q7
Old 01-29-2018, 10:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I think it's the sunset and the pavement making it look brownish, the way certain backdrops make the graphite gray look greenish.
Overall I am glad I got graphite gray because during not-so-bright days, graphite gray looks like super dark sand beige, and under direct sunlight it looks greenish dark gray, and towards evenings, it's true gray.

I only wish we could get rid of the really terribly ugly placed amber reflectors, or at least have a way to swap them with clear reflectors. They are extremely annoying on any color.

Quick Reply: Samurai Gray Q7 Just Arrived at USA Dealer - Pics