Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Slow Speed Turns - Clicking Sound From Front End

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RJC 1
Mine improved by about +/-80% after the TSB but it's not perfect, I've also develpoed a strange deep resonance sound when turing the wheel at a stop or very very slow speeds >3mph, this developed around 12k and a few mo's after the TSB.
Thanks for the reply. I suppose an 80% improvement is a good step in the right direction although the sound at low speeds that newly developed is a concern.
Old 03-03-2019, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by danielk015
Thanks for the reply. I suppose an 80% improvement is a good step in the right direction although the sound at low speeds that newly developed is a concern.
I dont know what the heck the new sound is and others here have reported it as well. It's a deep low freq resonace of sorts. BTW the brake squeal in reverse is back, ugh!
Old 03-04-2019, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RJC 1
I dont know what the heck the new sound is and others here have reported it as well. It's a deep low freq resonace of sorts. BTW the brake squeal in reverse is back, ugh!
Dang, I am going in on Thurs to replace the brake pads under the TSB. Argh. How can a company like this not be able to fix something like a brake squeal. This is the first car ever that break squealing on OEM started within a few thousand miles into ownership.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Dang, I am going in on Thurs to replace the brake pads under the TSB. Argh. How can a company like this not be able to fix something like a brake squeal. This is the first car ever that break squealing on OEM started within a few thousand miles into ownership.
Mine both squealed and the rotors warped in less than 7k, the TSB took care of the warpage (so far) but the squeal is back only in reverse and first drive of the day...fyi I'm in S FL so cold temps are not an issue. I do commend Audi for using pads the create very little dust and I'd trade that vs the coal mine filth BMW and MB has for a one time per day squeal. I have noticed the repalcement pads are a bit dirtier than the orginals but still far less than the competition's.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

So this winter I got the squeal. However, mine is a brief squeal that occurs when I back out of the garage and come to a stop. Its not as loud and terrifying as others have said, but perhaps that is because I have no close neighbors. I am also not sure it warrants going to the dealer because Its gone after one brief squeal. But I will get that on the record at the next service to get my free pads eventually...LOL
Old 10-04-2019, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,170 Likes on 914 Posts

I have this popping, creaking sound when stopped or very low speed when parking. Sounds like what others are mentioning.
Car is going in for front brake squeal under a TSB and I am going to have them check this out at the same time... thanks for all the info in this thread.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jk06a8
here you go.
TSB# 2048266/2
It turned out to be this exactly. Dealer said I nailed it on the head.
They are doing the work this week should have the car back soon.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having the same issue with the creaking and popping at slow speeds while turning, it is getting progressively worse. Mine is a 2015 Q7 and just 3 weeks out of warranty. I saw the invoice posted above but having a hard time identifying exactly what was replaced. Nothing pulls when I search for guide links or any of the part numbers. Is it the large aluminum control arm or something different. Since warranty just ended I am going to have to replace myself. A picture would be awesome if someone has one. Thanks
Old 10-16-2019, 10:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mhoran89
It turned out to be this exactly. Dealer said I nailed it on the head.
They are doing the work this week should have the car back soon.
That is good news. Can you let us know what they ended up replacing? Thanks!
Old 10-17-2019, 04:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

That is good news. Can you let us know what they ended up replacing? Thanks!
Yes I will ask for supporting paperwork. Stay tuned!

Quick Reply: Slow Speed Turns - Clicking Sound From Front End