Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 / Q8 > Audi Q7 > Q7 MKII Discussion
Reload this Page >

Slow Speed Turns - Clicking Sound From Front End

Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Slow Speed Turns - Clicking Sound From Front End

 
Old 03-03-2019, 03:55 PM
  #101  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 12
Default

Originally Posted by RJC 1 View Post
Mine improved by about +/-80% after the TSB but it's not perfect, I've also develpoed a strange deep resonance sound when turing the wheel at a stop or very very slow speeds >3mph, this developed around 12k and a few mo's after the TSB.
Thanks for the reply. I suppose an 80% improvement is a good step in the right direction although the sound at low speeds that newly developed is a concern.
danielk015 is offline  
Old 03-03-2019, 07:25 PM
  #102  
AudiWorld Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
RJC 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 1,359
Default

Originally Posted by danielk015 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I suppose an 80% improvement is a good step in the right direction although the sound at low speeds that newly developed is a concern.
I dont know what the heck the new sound is and others here have reported it as well. It's a deep low freq resonace of sorts. BTW the brake squeal in reverse is back, ugh!
RJC 1 is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 09:55 AM
  #103  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 12
Default

Originally Posted by RJC 1 View Post
I dont know what the heck the new sound is and others here have reported it as well. It's a deep low freq resonace of sorts. BTW the brake squeal in reverse is back, ugh!
Dang, I am going in on Thurs to replace the brake pads under the TSB. Argh. How can a company like this not be able to fix something like a brake squeal. This is the first car ever that break squealing on OEM started within a few thousand miles into ownership.
danielk015 is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 07:34 PM
  #104  
AudiWorld Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
RJC 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 1,359
Default

Originally Posted by danielk015 View Post
Dang, I am going in on Thurs to replace the brake pads under the TSB. Argh. How can a company like this not be able to fix something like a brake squeal. This is the first car ever that break squealing on OEM started within a few thousand miles into ownership.
Mine both squealed and the rotors warped in less than 7k, the TSB took care of the warpage (so far) but the squeal is back only in reverse and first drive of the day...fyi I'm in S FL so cold temps are not an issue. I do commend Audi for using pads the create very little dust and I'd trade that vs the coal mine filth BMW and MB has for a one time per day squeal. I have noticed the repalcement pads are a bit dirtier than the orginals but still far less than the competition's.
RJC 1 is offline  
Old 03-05-2019, 05:38 AM
  #105  
AudiWorld Super User
 
BigKutta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Washington DC burbs
Posts: 2,407
Default

So this winter I got the squeal. However, mine is a brief squeal that occurs when I back out of the garage and come to a stop. Its not as loud and terrifying as others have said, but perhaps that is because I have no close neighbors. I am also not sure it warrants going to the dealer because Its gone after one brief squeal. But I will get that on the record at the next service to get my free pads eventually...LOL
BigKutta is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: