Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Successful Remote Start Installers DFW

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
Do the systems allow for max defrost? I.E. max fan, windshield defrost, compressor on, heated mirrors, heated steering wheel on, heated seats on etc?
Yes, you can set it up so all of the above is on when you remote start.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
Can someone explain the use of a remote starter? They waste gas, coke the engine, unnecessarily pollute, cost money, screw up the keyless entry system, add another remote control etc.
Get in the car, drive it without undue load and put the seat warmers on if you are cold or am I missing something?
You're from SoCal. Of course you can't understand the use of a remote starter. Try living in the snowy northeast or upper midwest states. You'll beg for a remote starter.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bkafrick
You're from SoCal. Of course you can't understand the use of a remote starter. Try living in the snowy northeast or upper midwest states. You'll beg for a remote starter.
Don'f forget those of us in South Florida. During the summer, a car sitting in the sun gets over 120 deg in under an hour. The scariest thing in a car that hot when getting in...metal!
Old 01-04-2019, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just use Best Buy, compustar and a harness. It’s all plug and play now. I’d trust Best Buy over a custom shop for this type of install.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Reuven
Just use Best Buy, compustar and a harness. It’s all plug and play now. I’d trust Best Buy over a custom shop for this type of install.
I wouldn't, but to each its own
Old 01-07-2019, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah I’d have a hard time trusting Best Buy not to break my trim panels during the install. The only connected car and certified Viper installer I found was Tint World in Grapevine but they claimed Viper only works on Canadian 2018 Q7s currently. Suggested the Conpustar setup + Drone Mobile, however the T harness is on backorder until April. Car Toys is another option though I’m not 100% confident in their work. I may be doing it on my own then figuring out the subscription details later.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by BryonL
Tint World in Grapevine but they claimed Viper only works on Canadian 2018 Q7s currently.
I don't think that's true.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I don't have a remote starter (nor ever have), but I've gotten in cars are -20 and 110 F, I think the 110 is worse, having the air running a bit ahead of time is nice. On the other hand, when it gets cold enough (<0F) letting the car warm up a bit is probably prudent.

Generally I think its just a convenience thing of not getting into a car that's too warm/cold. Although some people have pets or other reasons they may wish to leave it run. In cold weather getting the windows defrosted/iced can be nice too.
Old 01-19-2019, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For anyone in the Texas DFW area, Tint World in Grapevine has now installed their first remote start system on a 2018 Q7 (or any MKII Q7 for that matter). $788 for Compustar’s 3X lock remote start as well as Drone Mobile. All systems working as expected so far. Just need to set the HVAC controls with the buried FOB. The system is plug and play, very easy install for a DIYer. No cut wires or splices. Uses a nice T-Harness.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good to know. does this utilize the factory key to remote start/stop or is it a separate keyfob?

Quick Reply: Successful Remote Start Installers DFW