Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Tips on buying a 2018 q7 2.0 premium plus?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tips on buying a 2018 q7 2.0 premium plus?

Hi all , I’m looking to purchase a 18 2.0 in the next month. I’ve contacted bunch of dealers and was able to get a couple of them to give me 10% msrp . Can I do better than that since the 19’s are around the corner? Please give me some tips on negotiating, thanks !
Old 06-14-2018, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Davidzzzzz
Hi all , I’m looking to purchase a 18 2.0 in the next month. I’ve contacted bunch of dealers and was able to get a couple of them to give me 10% msrp . Can I do better than that since the 19’s are around the corner? Please give me some tips on negotiating, thanks !
some one got 13.1% off a prestige , is it possible to get it on the 2.0 premium plus ?
Old 06-14-2018, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’m not sure of the way you negotiated but I always do it from the comfort of my home... I’m the one who got 13.1% off the prestige. I bought my last 3 vehicles at heavy discounts because of the way I negotiate. Here’s what I do, step by step:

1) Reach out to all dealerships in a very wide distance... traveling 2 hours to save a few grand is worth it - to me at least. Send them an email or chat on their website and say something like “I’m interested in stock # XXXXX and want to know your lowest price. I’m not interested in negotiating so will consider the price your lowest. I can purchase the vehicle in the next 48 hours if you’re able to provide me with a deal I feel is beneficial to both of us.”

2). Wait for the responses... I don’t allow phone calls for the first round - only text, email, or chat. This is to ensure they can’t hear my excitement or eagerness. I make sure they send it to me in writing .

3) Once I get all the responses, in writing, I take the lowest 1 I received and send it to the other two and ask them to beat it... again, their prices have to be in writing. I rinse and repeat this step until there is no more budging.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you! I’m gonna start on that right now and hopefully get 13% off by end of June .
Old 06-15-2018, 01:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

I pretty much did the same thing but only got about 7% off a 2017 Premium Plus 2.0 in last July. Not sure why but price was tough by that time.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Discounts for this vehicle have steadily improved over the last 2 years. I only got 2-3% off mine (4-5% was considered good at the time).

When I know the vehicle I want I do pretty much what monaarts says in post #3, when I don't I visit dealships and testdrive and test out car seats etc.. so long as the salesman isn't too pushy and puts up with my crap I'll haggle and don't bother pushing on the price too hard. I'm sure I could have done better, but dealerships do provide an important service.
Old 06-19-2018, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Lurker here who learned about from the forum, and created profile in hopes this may help. This past weekend, I purchased the Q7.

My 2018 Premium Plus with the Run Flats was MSRP for 57,400. I was able to purchase the vehicle with AudiCare for $50,078 (before taxes, title and $599 dealer fees). As the others here astutely noted, the price coincided with the closing of the quarter in two weeks, texting back and forth with a couple dealerships, and the 2019 probably available in a couple months. FWIW, I was able to negotiate a Premium Plus without the run flats for $49.7k w AudiCare (MSRP $56,350) at the dealership where I initially test drive the vehicle, but the dealer trade fell through. I used that price as my benchmark for my current vehicle. Given that it's a dealer trade, I suspect I could do better had they had the car in the lot. Not surprisingly, they wouldn't tell me which dealership had the vehicle.

During the course of negotiations, they were able to extract a concession that I would finance through them, but I did not tell them how much I intended to down. In the interest of transparency, we ended up putting 30k down. The delta between my pre-approved rate and the dealer rate was .5% or about $1,200. I probably did everything right until I gave into the financing piece. Baking back in the interest and cost of financing through dealership, my savings dropped down to about 11-13% of MSRP.

Am in Southeast. I will say though, that the entire car buying experience has not improved. I haven't purchased a car since 2006 until my faithful beginner Mercedes died on me. RIP.
Old 06-19-2018, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

You got a great deal. Good to see good Q7 discounts after over 2.5 years on the road
Old 06-19-2018, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I’m at 12% off msrp with a dealer but the one I’m considering has vision , drivers Assistance Package , warm weather/cold and 20’s . The msrp is over 65k , now I’m asking myself why not spend a few thousand more and get the prestige . Tough decision to make before end of the month
Old 06-19-2018, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Davidzzzzz
I’m at 12% off msrp with a dealer but the one I’m considering has vision , drivers Assistance Package , warm weather/cold and 20’s . The msrp is over 65k , now I’m asking myself why not spend a few thousand more and get the prestige . Tough decision to make before end of the month
At these discounts, I'd say go for it.

Quick Reply: Tips on buying a 2018 q7 2.0 premium plus?