Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

West Coast Tracking- NYK Dionysos Leader

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 07:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default West Coast Tracking- NYK Dionysos Leader

I amcurious if anyone else has been tracking the NYK Dionysos Leader (Audi Vessel Number 469). The ship is scheduled to be in San Diego to unload our vehicles on Tuesday, 4/26/16.

I've been tracking it since Friday, 4/1/16. It departed Emden on Saturday, stopped in Southhampton on Sunday, and has been at sea since.

Today, it popped up in the North Atlantic near the Azores.

Name:  Dionysos Leader.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  56.5 KB

Next scheduled port is San Juan Puerto Rico on 4/12/16.

Here is the schedule: http://www.nykroro.com/documents/RTW-AFCON/RTWwk13.pdf

And the Marine Traffic Ship's Page: DIONYSOS LEADER - Ro-Ro Cargo: current position and details | IMO 9426350, MMSI 432722000, Callsign 7JFW | Registered in Japan | AIS Marine Traffic
Old 04-06-2016, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sodar
I amcurious if anyone else has been tracking the NYK Dionysos Leader (Audi Vessel Number 469). The ship is scheduled to be in San Diego to unload our vehicles on Tuesday, 4/26/16.

I've been tracking it since Friday, 4/1/16. It departed Emden on Saturday, stopped in Southhampton on Sunday, and has been at sea since.

Attachment 55156

And the Marine Traffic Ship's Page: DIONYSOS LEADER - Ro-Ro Cargo: current position and details | IMO 9426350, MMSI 432722000, Callsign 7JFW | Registered in Japan | AIS Marine Traffic
Thanks for this info. My Q7 is supposed to be on this vessel.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by GK12345EMAIL
Thanks for this info. My Q7 is supposed to be on this vessel.
Our Q7 will be on there, too. Where are you from? We ordered from South Coast Audi in Santa Ana, CA (Orange County).
Old 04-06-2016, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Our Q7 will be on there, too. Where are you from? We ordered from South Coast Audi in Santa Ana, CA (Orange County).
Near Sacramento. I ordered from Elk Grove Audi.

I only found 2 dealers in N Calif willing to give me a 3% discount.

Out of curiosity, what sort of discount were you able to negotiate ?
Old 04-07-2016, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Attachment 55156

If you go to Terrestrisch & Satelliten AIS Tracking Service in Realtime - vesseltracker.com, you can sign up for the free trial satellite tracking. No credit card required. It lasts about a week. After that, use another (or a friend's) email address to sign up for a new free trial. They also provide alert emails for entering/leaving various regions, ports, etc. Using this, I was able to track my vessel all the way from Emden to my port of arrival.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by GK12345EMAIL
Near Sacramento. I ordered from Elk Grove Audi.

I only found 2 dealers in N Calif willing to give me a 3% discount.

Out of curiosity, what sort of discount were you able to negotiate ?
I contacted 13 dealers with the goal of getting the ACNA discount. None of the dealers contacted were receptive to the ACNA discount. Of the 13 dealers contacted, the we visited 4 whom were willing to negotiate. The other 9 dealers were not willing to accept anything but MSRP on ordered vehicles. We had two dealers offer $1,000 off, one dealer offer $1,250 off and the final dealer we were able to negotiate $2,000 off.

With all this said, we ended up with a 2.9% discount.

Last edited by sodar; 04-07-2016 at 08:30 AM.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RickObe
If you go to Terrestrisch & Satelliten AIS Tracking Service in Realtime - vesseltracker.com, you can sign up for the free trial satellite tracking. No credit card required. It lasts about a week. After that, use another (or a friend's) email address to sign up for a new free trial. They also provide alert emails for entering/leaving various regions, ports, etc. Using this, I was able to track my vessel all the way from Emden to my port of arrival.
Thanks for the info.

The site I have been using allows for Satellite tracking for a 14-day trial period. I had planned on waiting until the ship left Puerto Rico to begin the trial period.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I contacted 13 dealers with the goal of getting the ACNA discount. None of the dealers contacted were receptive to the ACNA discount. Of the 13 dealers contacted, the we visited 4 whom were willing to negotiate. The other 9 dealers were not willing to accept anything but MSRP on ordered vehicles. We had two dealers offer $1,000 off, one dealer offer $1,250 off and the final dealer we were able to negotiate $2,000 off.

With all this said, we ended up with a 2.9% discount.
My experience in Northern California was the same. We negotiated $2,000 off our custom order $79K Prestige at a dealership in the East Bay. The dealership down the street from my home on the Peninsula refused to give me more than $500-$1000 off, citing high demand. Ours is a Week 9 build and is arriving in San Diego today. Can't wait to take delivery.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am about a week behind on updates. Last Friday evening, my wife and I watched the Dionysos Leader transit the Pacific side of the Panama Canal locks. Taking a cruise through the Panama Canal has always been on our bucket list, so we lived vicariously through the webcam.

Here are a few screenshots that I can add to our Q7's scrapbook!

West Coast Tracking- NYK Dionysos Leader-screen-shot-2016-04-15-6.56.52-pm.png

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-04-15 at 7.44.35 PM.png
Views: 787
Size:  210.1 KB

At current time, the ship has slowed substantially and is essentially bobbing off the coast of Baja Mexico. The positive is that it seems we are on schedule and should have our new vehicle in the next couple weeks!
Old 04-27-2016, 08:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Pure torture...

The ship was ahead of schedule at Port Hueneme and Long Beach. It arrived down in San Diego on Sunday, a day ahead of schedule. Since Sunday, it has sat anchored off the coast of San Diego. It was scheduled on NYK's website to depart San Diego yesterday. I just did a search for the Port of San Diego's ship schedule. It has the Dionysos Leader arriving on Sunday, May 1. I guess our vehicles are going to be bobbing off the coast of San Diego for a few more days. So close, yet so far.

Name:  Clipboard01.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  60.5 KB

Name:  ship.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  93.9 KB

Quick Reply: West Coast Tracking- NYK Dionysos Leader