Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

When will 2020 Q7 arrive?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2019, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When will 2020 Q7 arrive?

We just ordered a Q7 Prestige and are waiting for delivery. The car is still at port. However, there are a few threads on the 2020 face lift. I’m not familiar with the timeline of Audi’s model year updates. What is the estimated time frame when the 2020 Q7 hits the US market?
Old 05-10-2019, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by philosli
We just ordered a Q7 Prestige and are waiting for delivery. The car is still at port. However, there are a few threads on the 2020 face lift. I’m not familiar with the timeline of Audi’s model year updates. What is the estimated time frame when the 2020 Q7 hits the US market?
When I was buying my 19. I overheard the sales manager talking to someone who is leasing a 17 and his lease was up in early 20. The manager told him that would be "about right" for the 20 model. He also said the main difference would be the touch screens and some styling ala the Q8... For me, that is not enough to wait.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:48 PM
Never Follows

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

2020 is set to be released third quarter so expect them to be on lots early fourth quarter. IMO with new front and rear bumper, lights, engine and all new multimedia there’s no reason to purchase a 19. Especially when all the competition has released completely redesigned models in the last year.
Old 05-10-2019, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MonzaAvant
IMO with new front and rear bumper, lights, engine and all new multimedia there’s no reason to purchase a 19. Especially when all the competition has released completely redesigned models in the last year.
If one doesn't care about the styling points (I could care less if it is "current") and don't like lower mounted touchscreen ala the Q8 (I don't because it takes your eyes further from the road and makes you reach more uncomfortably - I can say this because my Ridgeline has a similarly placed and functioning screen). The lights may be better but the present ones are good and my night driving is less than 5% of my driving in any case. As far as a new engine, that we shall see - but I have to wonder if, short of a hybrid, it will be all that much better. Then there is the potential "new model problems" to consider. When I add those all together, the 2019 is a better choice for me.
Old 05-10-2019, 02:19 PM
Never Follows

Originally Posted by Astropup
If one doesn't care about the styling points (I could care less if it is "current") and don't like lower mounted touchscreen ala the Q8 (I don't because it takes your eyes further from the road and makes you reach more uncomfortably - I can say this because my Ridgeline has a similarly placed and functioning screen). The lights may be better but the present ones are good and my night driving is less than 5% of my driving in any case. As far as a new engine, that we shall see - but I have to wonder if, short of a hybrid, it will be all that much better. Then there is the potential "new model problems" to consider. When I add those all together, the 2019 is a better choice for me.
So you don’t like the new screen because it takes your eyes off the road but you’re ok with lights that give less visibility. Interesting. Any way you put it the 19 will drop in price considerably once the redesign is released. Dealers are already offering 15% under invoice. As far as new model issues those are being ironed out in the Q8 which is essentially the same SUV with less storage space.

The current dash design is what made me and my wife buy something other than Audi. Hoping they do the Q7 right this time. Competition is steep.
Old 05-10-2019, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

So you don’t like the new screen because it takes your eyes off the road but you’re ok with lights that give less visibility.
Not what I said. I said that the existing lights are still very good and that my need for better headlights is small due to my driving habits. Look at the number of pickups on the road and ONLY ONE has headlights deemed acceptable by the IIHS. That happens to be the 2017 and later Ridgeline and then only the higher trims with the LED headlights (mine is one of those - which I will be keeping - trading a different vehicle). What I am saying is the headlight change is not from lousy to excellent, rather just from good to (perhaps) excellent. Not very relevant to someone who drives at night only 5% of the time.

Interesting. Any way you put it the 19 will drop in price considerably once the redesign is released. Dealers are already offering 15% under invoice.
Not relevant for someone whose last vehicle traded was 10 years old with only 50K miles on it. I would rather have the 15% up front in my situation.

The current dash design is what made me and my wife buy something other than Audi. Hoping they do the Q7 right this time. Competition is steep.
Pretty much just taste and a difference of opinion. The present Q7 cannot be said to have been poorly reviewed, in fact it sits as #1 or #2 in the Luxury SUV category in nearly every review.

Last edited by Astropup; 05-10-2019 at 03:11 PM.
Old 05-10-2019, 03:51 PM
Never Follows

Originally Posted by Astropup
Not what I said. I said that the existing lights are still very good and that my need for better headlights is small due to my driving habits. Look at the number of pickups on the road and ONLY ONE has headlights deemed acceptable by the IIHS. That happens to be the 2017 and later Ridgeline and then only the higher trims with the LED headlights (mine is one of those - which I will be keeping - trading a different vehicle). What I am saying is the headlight change is not from lousy to excellent, rather just from good to (perhaps) excellent. Not very relevant to someone who drives at night only 5% of the time.

Not relevant for someone whose last vehicle traded was 10 years old with only 50K miles on it. I would rather have the 15% up front in my situation.

Pretty much just taste and a difference of opinion. The present Q7 cannot be said to have been poorly reviewed, in fact it sits as #1 or #2 in the Luxury SUV category in nearly every review.
I think you should stop making this and other threads about you. The OP asked when the 20 will arrive and related opinions. You’ve made it clear by comparing the Q7 to a Honda Ridgeline the current design is better for YOU.

Next you'll be comparing it to pickup trucks. Wait ..too late.

As to your last statement you need to start reading and viewing more current reviews. Q7 is no longer one or two.
Old 05-10-2019, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

. You’ve made it clear by comparing the Q7 to a Honda Ridgeline the current design is better for YOU.
Wow, you really should read and understand. I was NOT comparing to the Ridgeline. There are simply two features of the Ridge that are similar to the Q7 (in one case) and Q8 (in the other). That informs my decision - it is in NO WAY a comparison to the Ridge. Jeez.

Next you'll be comparing it to pickup trucks.
Did not do that - as described above.

. As to your last statement you need to start reading and viewing more current reviews. Q7 is no longer one or two.
Wrong, current Consumer Reports:

Midsize luxury SUVs:

#1 BMW X5 rated 88.
#2 Audi Q7 rated 87....

I am done here, I will not be engaging you anymore....

Last edited by Astropup; 05-10-2019 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2020 is set to be released third quarter so expect them to be on lots early fourth quarter. IMO with new front and rear bumper, lights, engine and all new multimedia there’s no reason to purchase a 19. Especially when all the competition has released completely redesigned models in the last year.
Thanks! The timeline doesn’t quite work for us. We need a 7-seater asap so we will just stay with the ordered 2019 Q7 and be content.
Old 05-11-2019, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

So you don’t like the new screen because it takes your eyes off the road but you’re ok with lights that give less visibility. Interesting. Any way you put it the 19 will drop in price considerably once the redesign is released. Dealers are already offering 15% under invoice. As far as new model issues those are being ironed out in the Q8 which is essentially the same SUV with less storage space.

Thats a silly comparison. Do you think the lights on the q7 are inadequate and dont meet the safety standards lol. Seriously not a point at all.

Quick Reply: When will 2020 Q7 arrive?