Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Wiper Judder

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wiper Judder

It's been raining a bit lately, and I've realized I have some sort of very annoying wiper judder, it makes some noise and the bottom of the driver's side wiper vibrates near the bottom end of it.

I'm wondering if it has to do with the opticoat as he put something on the windshield.. anyone have similar issues?
Attached Files
File Type: mov
Q7 Wiper Judder.mov (1.07 MB, 194 views)
Old 08-14-2017, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stevenpoint
It's been raining a bit lately, and I've realized I have some sort of very annoying wiper judder, it makes some noise and the bottom of the driver's side wiper vibrates near the bottom end of it.

I'm wondering if it has to do with the opticoat as he put something on the windshield.. anyone have similar issues?
Had similar issues with both cars I bought the last two months. Dealer replaced them for free, no more issue.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stevenpoint

The dealer should be able to replace them for free. If that does not help, then I am sure they will take a closer look.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:58 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

I've also noticed this, but it doesn't happen all the time. IME it only seems to happen on the initial wipe of the windshield and then it seems fine. I'll mention it next time I go in for service.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Putting anything on your windshield, such as the opti-coat you mentioned, could cause judder. You may want to try putting some wax on the blades, that can help.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drive4fun
Putting anything on your windshield, such as the opti-coat you mentioned, could cause judder. You may want to try putting some wax on the blades, that can help.
My dealer uses/suggests cleaning the blades with IPA.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:06 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Audphile
My dealer uses/suggests cleaning the blades with IPA.
I have been cleaning the blades on my cars with IPA from years and it definitely helps to keep them clean and streak free in the rain. I've done it on the Q7 and at first the judder goes away but then comes back.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by JT4
I have been cleaning the blades on my cars with IPA from years and it definitely helps to keep them clean and streak free in the rain. I've done it on the Q7 and at first the judder goes away but then comes back.
Does IPA really work the best? Can I use Ale or Lager? I don't think Stout or Porter would work, but how about Pilsner or Saison?
Old 08-16-2017, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gsobol
Does IPA really work the best? Can I use Ale or Lager? I don't think Stout or Porter would work, but how about Pilsner or Saison?

LOL
Old 08-16-2017, 11:40 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by gsobol
Every time I try using Lager there usually isn't enough left to clean the wipers...LOL

Quick Reply: Wiper Judder