What became of Karquattro? Also, the black 8300 mi. Quattro they had?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

....that's pretty universal amongst just about anything man-made... like a 550 spyder to a boxster.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

At only 12K - I would have driven it. That's chump money.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Would you at $45K?

I hope that whoever ended up with it keeps it as a time capsule and just runs it enough to keep everything operating. It would be a shame to drive it now.

Word is that Audi Tradition had some interest in it.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:10 PM

Default True, but that is not my point. That is the car I wanted when I was 16 when new, and now I have one

Mine is not my daily driver, and never would be. In fact, when I first drove it, I was astounded how much it reminded me of a VW Fox I had years ago(not exactly a high-performance milestone). No, it is no longer a modern car. My A4 would run circles around it, and that is nothing more than a average family sedan. To me, it is just something I never lost the desire to own. Comparing a quattro now to say an EVO would be like putting Muhammad Ali in the ring today against Ruslan Chagaev; it would be pathetic. To me it is about context. Keep in mind your are talking about 1/5th of the entire development time of the automobile separating the two. No, the magic is still there for me because I put it in context. Kind of like the 1929 Model A my dad had which I drove around quite a bit. True, it's not a Ford Focus, but in it's day, it helped pave the way to creating the Focus.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:14 PM

But, you are right. Inflation would place it at $70,000. Think I would take a new S5 instead.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Site is still there, but looks like some sort of input validation vulnerability was on it and I

assume they got owned in some fashion.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I copied the photo of the engine bay to my pictures..

I've been using it as a guide when restoring my car.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Car is alive and well

Just wanted to respond to a couple of the posts about the Black 83 urq.
Car is still in pristine condition. It is driven by current - second owner after passing through hands of KAR only enough to keep the car running well and seals good. Is currently shown at car shows and driven at events associated with those shows.
Car was purchased in 1982 in Denver for the original owners second home in Vail. Rarely driven and as such is a time capsule. Underhood is as it came from factory - even the gold anodized piping is still gold.
Current owner has plenty of other cars to drive including a second 83 urq that 2bennett built with engine, brake and suspension mods and euro bumpers/lights. Very quick and reliable.

With regards to a time capsule cars value. A car is only new once. Although they can be restored to "like new" condition with lots of money they still aren't the same as new. The collector car market usually values unmolested "survivors" like the '83 urq as the cost to restore a car to it's condition - plus a multiple more because even a high dollar restoration will never be done equal to the original.

So the answer to a question of any car's worth is kind of like anything else - it's worth what someone will pay for it.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hmmm...Dean Treadway??
Old 06-10-2009, 07:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Would you at $45K? why not?

I bought a new A6tt in '01 for $48k and drove it. Interestingly enough that doesn't seem to surprise anyone. I've spent an insane amount of money restoring/updating my '83 urq. Am I going to drive it? Yes, I am. As much as possible.

Originally Posted by urq20vt
I hope that whoever ended up with it keeps it as a time capsule and just runs it enough to keep everything operating. It would be a shame to drive it now.

Word is that Audi Tradition had some interest in it.

Quick Reply: What became of Karquattro? Also, the black 8300 mi. Quattro they had?