What a week................ready to kick some ass

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What a week................ready to kick some ***

dont ever go to Hoffman Audi in Connecticut...ever....that F^$&^%$% place, with some mechanics. Had my 200/20 valve on recall for air bag sensor, and amp. 1 week ago left the car for 1 day.They called me , and they needed 2 days. Ok 2nd day me idiot,send my wife to pick up the car. Finaly late at night when i got home, first thing, check the car. Almost had a hard attack, the f...er he never installed the shift boot back, the cover what goes on the top of emergency brake arm, busted, and the "wood"cover around the climate control, broke,and "crazy glue" back together(left white marks all over the cover).Back to the Dealer, talk to the service manager, who try to explain, that this is normal, and this is the only way you can remove that plastic cover.After i explained, that hi has a idiot mechanic with no knowledge and should go back to school, to learn about cars and instalation, they wanted the car for half day. Ok left the car wife picked me up, and later that day went to pick up the 91 "Junk".Finaly looks great. On my way home , the radio and instrument , just died instantly. Turn around,dropped of the car again, with some not to nice words. 2 days later they call, sir your car is ready, but we have a litle problem, because the problem came from your aftermarket radio, had a bad connection, $380 is the bill. You know what , **** them! Called up the main guy, the only thing he was able to do, lower the cost to $119 labor and whatever**** day did to the car. I need the car having my father here, so i paid the amount, over the phone, and they left the key under the car. Picked up the car late at night, and looking for problems. Nothing found, so i had a great sleep. Next morning my father calls me, asking if i broke the dash, because from the side looks like ****. I don't believe that Audi would have this mechanics for to long, and the Service manager telling that this is normal.A lesson to be learned ,**** the Audi dealer with the great mechanics, and *******s. For sure they must have real mechanics to somewhere, but not at Hoffman Audi in Connecticut!What are they willing to do?! Nothing!!! They need the Ur-Q's for comercial purposes, and no parts, they stand behind they cars ?! I dont think so, and with this wokmanship,Audi only loses the old customers not gain them . I am so pissed off, not even funny!!!!!!!
Old 06-22-2006, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn that sucks. I don't think the Audi dealerships can work on older cars. Thats a sad truth

but if its older than 97, they're clueless.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:09 PM
No Bozos!

And they don't want to supply parts either!
Old 06-23-2006, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default At the GM dealers..

They don't like to work on stuff that's older that 5 years either! (But at least you can still get stuff for that old 350 motor!)

I can get suff for my TR6 easier than the urq, which is crazy. Loads of reproduction parts available, or runs of parts made on 'original tooling'.

If wouldn't be so bad, and annoy me so much that we can't get parts, if Audi didn't keep flouting the urq. That's the part that's pure hypocrisy...

In reality, that aren't that many urq's on the road anymore. So in some ways, it would be easier for Audi to support them.

Have one 'central point of contact' at Audi of America as a support source. I'm sure Audi could also come up with some way to use that 'urq support' in a pr/marketing angle..
Old 06-23-2006, 05:43 AM

Default personally i would report this to the department of motor vehicle-or-better business burrow-thats...

bull****--oh thats a normal thing (it breaks)BULL****! so why can indepedent garages take things apart without breaking ****?
Old 06-23-2006, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default This is 100% true. It is rare to find a dealer mechanic that has even worked on five cylinder Audis

The guys that did now work at independent shops. The kids now working at the dealers have no clue on how to take apart the dash on a 15 year old Audi, and they likely don't have much if any service info on the car.

Bottom line, if you want the best service for an older Audi, DO NOT take it to a dealer. Too bad that in your case you did not have that option with the recall.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default That's funny Real-q my old man's Urs4 went in for the same sensor and...

...he went to pick it up and the radio wouldn't work (the urs4 still retains the Audi/Bose factory system), The Stealership told him $250 to fix radio. My old man said "sux to be you losing $250 to fix my car". A week-and-a-half later gets car back and Stealership wound up hooking a sensor up backwards. To **** the Stealership off more my father had them send a curtiousy van out to pick him up (atta boy dad). As my dad is waiting for the keys he notice my best friends front driver's side rim off his 2005 S4V8 sitting behind the service counter. My buddy brought the V8 in for service and the Stealership gouge the hell out of the rim. Needless to say between my Dad and my friend Wagner Audi is out over 2000 bucks due to there f'ups.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Mike H had a great idea... with all the NLA parts all of us should take our cars to the dealer....

drop it off and give them a list of parts we would like fixed... obviously all of them from the NLA list... maybe even the same things like early front ball joints, or sway bar bushings...
Maybe that would send them a message... hmmm.. 600 requests for the same part.. and we don't have it..
Old 06-26-2006, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default sorry Arpy, sounds like a bum deal from Audi, I have the same recall for my 91 80....

And I'm picking up my "new" Urq this weekend. Kinda scary dealer stories, maybe I should dump all the Audi's and go back to Fiat's.