Being good while driving, Let's be honest here...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ok, so brights in the left lane? I don't see "flash to pass" as discourteous as...

hogging the passing lane. Um yeah.

I mean, well, I sorta do. But the left lane is for PASSING, not cruising. As I see it, on the scale of differential courtesy, not making way for people passing (at the speed limit or over, doesn't matter) is worse than flashing to pass.

While I would contend the presence of a dearth of popular awareness that proper driving etiquette and procedure dictates that the left lane is indeed for passing, there is an equal paucity of drivers who understand that there is legal forbiddance of both left lane cruising -and- passing on the right.

Just saying. Good to see I'm not the only one who knows what the "Flash to pass" is for. Jim, you're what's called an enabler.

Bob
Old 01-10-2007, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Being good while driving, Let's be honest here...

What's you're DD?
Stage III B5 S4

How often do you commute/drive?
4 times a week.

How many miles (rt) is your commute?

How many times a week do you occasionally speed (15-25 above the speed limit) to/from work?
To work, never. Coming home, if traffic allows, every day.

How many times do push it over 6K RPM's in a given week?
About a dozen, I guess.

How many opponents, matches, or on-road comparisons with other cars have you had?
In my life, about 20. In the past week, none. I honestly haven't raced anyone since I went to stage III and that was over a year ago. Mostly haven't because I have not had a single opportunity to, kind of weird since it seems that every other day when I was stage II I would have someone who wanted to race.

Have you road-raged in the last 3 months?
Nope. Gotten pissed off at someone?
Uhhhh, yea.

How many people have you cut off in the last week?
None that I know of.

When is the last time you jumped on it when the light turned green, no matter what was next to you a milk truck or Corvette?
Sunday.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Let the truth be told...

What's you're DD? B6A4 1.8tqm

How often do you commute/drive? 5 days/week

How many miles (rt) is your commute? 12-15

How many times a week do you occasionally speed (15-25 above the speed limit) to/from work? Impossible with the traffic

How many times do push it over 6K RPM's in a given week? 2-3 times, I have a few stretches of road in my otherwise lackluster commute where I can get on it a bit.

How many opponents, matches, or on-road comparisons with other cars have you had? Many over the last 10 years of driving. I generally don't get challenged much anymore. I'm working on putting more stickers on my car to change that though.

Have you road-raged in the last 3 months? Yes. I have a great temper *sarcasm*. I think people are overall horrendous drivers.

How many people have you cut off in the last week? 0. But that's probably an anomaly.

When is the last time you jumped on it when the light turned green, no matter what was next to you a milk truck or Corvette? Today.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Flashing the lights to get people to move over is what should be the accepted signal

but instead, most Americans just get pissed at you for doing it and start road raging, rather than just moving over to let you by.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:13 AM

Default agreed.....

or just rock the left turn signal.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

What's you're DD?

2005.5 B7 S4

How often do you commute/drive?

Daily, twice a day (home for lunch)

How many miles (rt) is your commute?

2.9 miles

How many times a week do you occasionally speed (15-25 above the speed limit) to/from work?

Rarely.

How many times do push it over 6K RPM's in a given week?

Whenever I'm first at the stoplight.

How many opponents, matches, or on-road comparisons with other cars have you had?

Maybe two in my life. None in over a year.

Have you road-raged in the last 3 months?

Gotten mad? Yes. Done something about it? Nothing dangerous. Usually honking.

How many people have you cut off in the last week?

Not sure what this means. Sometimes the openings that I will merge into are smaller than what other people would merge into.

When is the last time you jumped on it when the light turned green, no matter what was next to you a milk truck or Corvette?

Again, whenever I'm first at a stoplight. Sorry if my gas consumption rankles anyone. But note the length of my commute.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:22 AM

What's you're DD? - Audi A4

How often do you commute/drive? 5 days a week

How many miles (rt) is your commute? - 8 miles round trip, but I go home for lunch everyday.

How many times a week do you occasionally speed (15-25 above the speed limit) to/from work? Everytime I get in the car I have to speed. If I drive to Denver, it isnt the same if I dont hit 100+ at least once!

How many times do push it over 6K RPM's in a given week? Maybe once or twice every two weeks. For some reason I like to shift every 15 mph. I get good gas mileage though!

How many opponents, matches, or on-road comparisons with other cars have you had? Hardly any. Maybe less than 40.

Have you road-raged in the last 3 months? Of course, people are freakin idiots. "I think Im going to merge into your lane without looking or without a blinker while talking on the celly." Or my favorite, "lets slow down to look at an accident." I lay on my horn for them bishes.

How many people have you cut off in the last week? Probably a couple. I try not to.

When is the last time you jumped on it when the light turned green, no matter what was next to you a milk truck or Corvette? Last week against a Subaru Lez Box.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I think Jim was talking about something more than just flashing to pass.

It was his answer to the road-rage question.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default read me, read me, I'm an attention *****!

Now that I've gotten your attention

What's you're DD? <b>1995 BMW M3</b>

How often do you commute/drive? <b>everyday, 2-3x/day</b>

How many miles (rt) is your commute? <b>20</b>

How many times a week do you occasionally speed (15-25 above the speed limit) to/from work? <b>0</b>

How many times do push it over 6K RPM's in a given week? <B>every freaking day, multiple times a day. I love the sound,</B>

How many opponents, matches, or on-road comparisons with other cars have you had?<B>0</B>

Have you road-raged in the last 3 months? <B>no, but I get mad everyday</B>

How many people have you cut off in the last week? <B>0</B>

When is the last time you jumped on it when the light turned green, no matter what was next to you a milk truck or Corvette? <B>never</B>
Old 01-10-2007, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Do you live on 400 S near the U? I think I drive by your car on my return from work.

There is a silver B5 S4 there with a Boston-themed license plate.

Quick Reply: Being good while driving, Let's be honest here...